𝟔𝟕.

Damon Pov

.............................................................

She was mad, pissed even, but she said that she would forgive me, eventually, if I was on my best behavior. I closed my eyes for the thousandth time, trying to get sleep, because I needed it, really bad. We had all stayed up pretty late, well, the guys and me, at least. Just playing cards, drinking and messing around. Ansel was proving to be fun to hang around. Of course, the girls had gone to bed early, them being the more 'sensible' and smart ones. I hadn't seen Stefan and Caroline though I wasn't worried they used to be good friends. So they were probably, just catching up. Luna was already in bed resting, Klaus was with her, and I was okay with that but not completely.

Since, I was, quote on quote, 'a little overprotective,' according to my girlfriend. Who I loved, more than life itself.

But I think I was always going to be overprotective when it came to her. Luna was like a daughter to me, I pick her up when she falls down, and then I am there to dust her off when she does it all over again. I comfort her when something is wrong, or she is down, and I want to rip anyone's heart out who hurts her. Luna was delicate. Enemies, popping up out of nowhere and dealing with her breakdowns. Still, I was confident that I would be able to handle it. I handled it all those months ago, of course, with the help of Cami and Rebekah. Though I think I helped her more than they did with some things. She was important, to me, and I made a promise to myself that if it ever came down to it, I was not going to let her die, if given the choice, I would die for her in an instant, better me than her. I trusted Klaus a lot more than any other guy that wanted to be around her, or with her. If I had the power, I would've made them get together. So I could sleep peacefully, knowing that no one was ever going to hurt her again. Especially not with Klaus around, and she would be happy. They both would be. I would be satisfied because she was happy and safe, and so on and so on.

It was a win, win for everyone, really.

I punched my pillow repeatedly, trying to get it to soften up. It closely resembled a rock right now. I looked over at Cami. Worried that I had woken her up, but she remained sound asleep. Even though usually she was a very light sleeper. Today had been rough, for her, and everyone else but especially for Luna.

I laid back down, this time I just thought about something boring. Like chess...

I thought about that one night we were in the compound, Luna, Cami, and I. Everyone had gone out for something, and we were all three of us, left to ourselves. Luna being curious, perked up when I mentioned twilight, and how much I wasn't a die-hard fan, not a fan at all. And so did Cami, she perked up just like Luna when I had mentioned it, apparently, she had read the whole book series multiple times (shudder). She had even seen the movies at least twice, hell even Elijah has seen them. Although the only comment he had for all the movies was that they had a nice soundtrack, and to be honest, they did. So Luna, Cami, and I sat in my room watching all of the movies. I sat between Luna and Cami, my arms around both of them as we watched the series. On my bed wrapped up in a thick, soft, comforter that Josette had given me as a gift because I was always complaining about how cold I was. Luna seemed very taken, she had said that this movie was relateable for her, although she never told me the reason why. After she said, that I noticed that Cami had given her this all-knowing look, and I remember wanting to know why it was so relatable for her, but she never told me. Now that I know her better, it wasn't that hard to figure out. Looking back even at that time, I was surprised that I had missed it. We somehow accomplished this in one night. Of course, we did have some help; soda, carmel pop-corn (with the peanuts), chips, Cheetos, and sour patch kids (the most important, snack in my opinion, but that's if you asked me. Luna and Cami weren't a fan of the colorful sour-tasting worms, in fact, they detested them). As I thought more about that night, I found myself drifting away, further and further into sleep.