𝟖𝟗.

.............................................

Hayley Pov

.............................................

Luna's foot steadily tapped against the neutral-colored carpet in a rapid manner. Klaus was sitting beside her, holding her hand, but he didn't seem to be easing her distress. The original plan was for the doctor to meet us but he couldn't make it so we had to go to him... New Jersey was nice enough but Luna didn't seem to be feeling it...any of it...

"Hey," I put a hand on her knee, holding Hope with the other. "Everything is going to be fine."

She huffed out a breath, leaned her head onto Klaus's shoulder, and closed her eyes.

"It's just the last time I was in a place like this...something bad happened."

"Nothing bad will happen, I promise." At my words, she began to relax. Hope squealed crawling over Luna's lap to get to Klaus.

He smirked, "why hello, little lady."

A pretty nurse in pink scrubs stepped out, holding a pen and clipboard called out, "Mikaelson, Labonair."

The three of us rose from our seats and walked toward her. "Hey, my name is Tammy, hope you are all doing well."

I picked up on the look she was giving Klaus...Luna seemed to as well which might explain her sudden tense pose.

"Alrighty," the nurse sang, turning to my daughter, "let's get your weight."

Klaus sighed, handing his daughter off to the woman, I couldn't help but watch her every movement. If she tried to hurt her, I'd snap her neck in an instant.

"I take it you are the father," the nurse said to Klaus, who nodded.

"And what exactly are you," the nurse said to Luna, her honeyed tone disappearing. "Her aunt."

Tammy turned to me, "That would make you the mother."

She giggled coyly and my sister rolled her eyes. "It's your turn," Tammy guided Luna to the scale, Klaus followed after handing off Hope to me.

"Whew," Tammy whistled, writing something down on her clipboard. Luna stepped down from the scale, looking offended.

"We'll have you right here in room two."

Klaus and Luna approached I noticed them holding hands. I smiled at them...they did make quite the pair.

Tammy frowned, catching it. "Are you two together or something?"

"Yes," Luna said, tilting her head to the side. "Though I don't see how it's any of your business."

My brows rose at the acidity in her silvery voice. Klaus tilted his head to the side, "I agree with my girlfriend, now, let's carry on with this, shall we?"

They headed to room two, I followed and Hope kicked her legs and said the word, "door." A few moments later, Tammy entered the room. Her face flushed.

Tammy silently collected Luna and Hope's blood pressure. Muttering under her breath that the doctor would be in soon.

When the door shut, Luna's body leaned forward. "Do you guys think I'm fat?"

I scoffed. My sister had curves, yes but she was not overweight by any means. "Luna, why would you think that?"

She ran her fingers through her curls. "It's just when I stepped on the scale, Tammy had this reaction like it was a lot."