𝟑𝟑.

Luna Pov

.............................................................

I was saying my goodbyes.

Telling someone goodbye had never been easy for me. It made me uneasy. I was always afraid that I wouldn't be able to see them again, as crazy as that sounded.

Hayley seemed to think so, but Klaus understood my fear. He confessed to me that he had it himself. I don't think anyone besides me knew that.

I wouldn't be, seeing the compound for a while. I guess until all of this blew over.

Of course, Klaus and I, along with Elijah, came up with a plan that would fool anyone.

Hayley was already at the bayou with Jackson.

I went to Klaus and hugged him for at least the fifth time tonight. I was going to miss him. I was sure at some point while I was away, I would cry because I missed him so much.

I was going to miss thinking:

'Here I am safe, here I am warm, here I am protected.'

"Why are you so clingy today?"

I laughed into his chest. "I'm going to miss you, so I am trying to absorb as much of you as I can."

"I am going to miss you as well, love. It seems now that it's time to say our goodbyes and part ways, I have started to re-think our plan."

I pulled away with my arms still wrapped around him. I couldn't force myself to let him go. I was so close to him, and I didn't want to be away from him for any period of time. Naturally, I didn't tell him this, fearing what he would think.

"Who suggested that I leave anyway?" I asked, putting my head back onto his chest.

I could hear the smile in his voice and something else I couldn't identify.

"Elijah, I think."

"Good, now I have someone to blame."

He chuckled lightly, caressing my hair.

Klaus' touch had always brought comfort to me. I felt a sense of calmness and solace. He made me feel so many things at once, never anything negative. He had told me that I made a visibly good impact and impression on him and his family. I didn't dare to tell him how much of an impact he's made on me. It wasn't just because he saved me from a life of pain-filled hell. It was more than that. We had a strong connection and an equally strong bond. Being away from him hurt. I didn't bother telling Haley this, I haven't told anyone. I couldn't explain why it hurt, so much. All my time, living in a world of the supernatural, I have learned a few things. One of them is that some things just can't be solved and explained.

Klaus pushed me off him gently and put his mouth to my ear. As always, making me forget what I had been thinking about and caused my face to heat up.

"Don't worry, love. I'll go down to see you as soon as I can. Staying away from you is not something I want to become a normal thing."

I frowned, "Won't you get into trouble?"

"Most likely, but I would do it for you."

A warm feeling swelled up in my chest. Taking over my senses. The fluttery feeling in my chest made me feel so, light. I just wanted to melt right there in front of him.

"I w-would do it for you too."

He suddenly hugged me tightly and picked me up. I gasped in surprise. I didn't have to look in the mirror to know that I was blushing.

.............................................................

I walked to Rebekah, who was waiting for me trying to hide a smile.

"Hey, where is my hug?" asked Kol with an irritated expression on his face.

Damon came behind me, and I hugged him and kissed him on the cheek, looking at Kol the whole time.

Normally, I didn't mess with him because the opportunity rarely came.

Kol folded his arms and looked down pouting. I looked at Rebekah before walking over to Kol. "You know you are such a big baby," I mumbled into his chest. I felt him chuckle.

"Yes, I am, Jewel, it's a shame that Davina will have to take care of me while you're gone. Maybe she will breast....."

Before Kol could finish the sentence, I pulled away and punched him in the chest.

He groaned and hid behind Marcel who high-fived me. I ran and hugged Josh, Thierry, and Diego. I just yelled "Bye", to the rest of Marcel's vampires.

I hugged Cami, who promised that she would visit me every day. I wished Davina good luck. She was going to go back to the witches. It was all a part of our plan, me, and Klaus'. Maybe we planned it all too well.

I got into the passenger seat of Rebekah's car, and we drove off to the bayou.

.............................................................

As Rebekah and I walked to Hayley, I saw that she had a somber expression on her face. Hayley stood up, the firelight reflecting in her green eyes. No one else was up, so I assumed they were all asleep.

"So, you have to leave. Who came up with that part of the plan to take my best friend away?"

I laughed, and Rebekah nudged me, "It was Klaus, and I. Elijah weighed in too. We thought it would be the most believable, we are going to have to put on a good show so that we can take down the witches."

Hayley nodded, but her eyes started to tear up.

"Stupid pregnancy hormones," muttered Hayley, as she was hugging Rebekah. She laughed and wiped a tear from her cheek.

She hugged me, and I sighed, missing her already, even though she wasn't gone yet.

Staying away from the compound and staying away from Klaus were two different things.

One worse than the other...