𝟓𝟖.

Luna Pov

.............................................................

"What?" I asked, not bothering to turn around, knowing he was staring at me. I could feel it. This had been going on for hours.

"What is taking so long?" He hissed in my ear, his hands on either side of me.

I sighed and put more things into the bowl for the spell, ignoring him. His hands gripped my shoulders tighter, and he spun me around, startling me in the process. Davina yelled something at Mikael as she struggled to get free of the tree she was chained to.

"Look, little witch, I do not have the patience or the time for your ignorance-" I growled and pushed Mikeal off me, with all my strength.

He only went a few inches away from me, which could be a major problem.

"My ignorance," I said, pointing at myself. I huffed, "Oh, please, I know exactly, what I am doing. This spell is not going to be a five-minute thing. It takes time. Besides, I don't have everything I need."

"What don't you have!" Yelled Mikeal, getting in my face. I stood straight, trying not to show that I was slightly intimidated. I had to pretend, for not only myself but for Davina too.

"Look, you can be civilized to me, or I walk."

Mikael laughed, and I glared at him, despite Davina's warnings and protest.

His eyes darkened, and his fangs came out.

"I'd like to see you try, you would be dead before you made it to your friend," he said smiling slightly...

What I wanted to do was cower and curl up into a ball and cry, praying Rebekah or Damon would notice that I was gone. So that they could call him, and that he would find me somehow so he could save me from his awful stepfather. So he could get Davina out too. What I really said was.

"Go ahead and do it. Davina and I might die by your hand, but we will be avenged."

Mikeal's smile fell off his face, and something flickered in his eyes. He stepped away from me and stuck his hands behind his back, and resumed his usual stiff posture. It was silent for a moment, all I could hear was Davina's breathing and my own.

"What do you need?" asked Mikeal, looking at the ground. I was surprised to still be alive. Then again, Mikeal did need me.

"For starters, I need Esther's ashes or whatever is left of her. I also need an object she admired."

Mikael looked up with a raised eyebrow.

"Why, you didn't need those things to bring back your friend over there." I sighed, folding my arms.

"First of all, her name is Davina. And second of all, Davina's body was still solid. Esther's, for all I know, isn't. As for the admired object, it's to keep her connected to something, something to ground her, so I'm not just bringing someone else back. Now, are you done questioning my methods, or are we going to do this all day? I mean you, were the one complaining about me taking up so much time. And yet you are standing here threatening and questioning me."

Mikael's frown seemed to somehow, increase, which I didn't think was possible.

"Fine."