𝟖𝟐.

.........................................................

Klaus Pov

.........................................................

Coma.

A state of deep unconsciousness that lasts for a prolonged or indefinite period.

The definition of a coma was insipid and bland at best.

It stated that it was nothing more than a state in which someone was unconscious for a period of time.

There were more textures and layers that were in play when someone was in that state of deep unconsciousness that lasts for a prolonged or indefinite period.

That definition, as uninformative as it is was, explained nothing but a tiny fraction of it. That definition didn't even give the smallest hint or a hushed whisper of what happened outside the world when said person was in a coma. The definition said nothing about the agonizing pain loved ones would feel. It didn't mention a word about the overwhelming sense of helplessness, knowing that there was nothing, absolutely nothing, you could do. The feeling of helplessness didn't appear at first. The shock was the first feeling that appeared. Unbelievability came next, then panic, and finally, the helplessness began to sink in tortuously slow. There was no worse feeling than being a powerful immortal, perhaps the strongest being to ever walk the earth, yet unable to help the one who meant the world to you.

With this, there was no sense of period where there was a steady calmness or sense of peace.

You weren't saying anything, but on the inside, you were just screaming in pure suffering and wretchedness. Maybe, that was just me though......I couldn't speak for everyone else.....All I knew was that my best friend, the one who blessed my dreams every night with her presence, the one who stayed up all night talking to me when I needed it, the one who I painted with, the one who had the ability to comfort me whenever no one else could, the one who tore me apart on the inside until she had reached my heart, the one I had fallen for a hundred lifetimes over, the one who was by my side day in and day out wasn't........anymore.......and I didn't know when she would be back.....until then I was going to remain by her side.....

I didn't give a damn what everyone else thought....

I know that she would do the same for me. I could clearly see and hear her telling me after she woke up how grateful she was for me being there for her. She would say it with this appreciative look in her eyes, and she would hug me afterward to make sure that I knew just how thankful she was for me and what I had done for her.

I often tried to show her how thankful I was for her. I have told and shown her things I wouldn't dream of showing anyone else, private and personal things, feelings, emotions, and such.

Luna wasn't one to just go out and exploit someone's secrets. Luna, unlike some women of this time period, and any other valued the smallest of things equally as much as she valued the biggest. She was extremely appreciative, considerate, and polite. I could open the door, or push in her chair, and she would thank me with overflowing gratitude, using both her words and her eyes. Even at her worst moments, she never forgot to say thank you. Her kindness is something I admired, how she managed to be that way with strangers was always a mystery to me. Those were only a few of her qualities. She could be quite irritated when playing chess or cards with Elijah. It was quite a sight to witness. How flustered she would get, was cute, how she would scrunch up her nose. She was willing to die for the ones that she loved. She would fight with everything in her. She was protective over the ones she cared for. The only thing I disliked was her selflessness/self-sacrificing. If it came down to it, I would do what I had to, but it seemed that Luna was risking her life more than often than normal.