𝟕.

Davina Pov

.............................................................

I put the charcoal pencil down. I heard a knocking on my door. I smiled, already knowing who it was.

Marcel.

Josh was on a mission, and none of Marcel's other vampires came into my room. There was no other possibility.

"Come in," I sang as I stood by the door, waiting to hug him. He had been stressed lately.

Of course, he never took it out on me. Marcel wasn't like that. Everything was fine, but I just wished I could go out more.

Meet people.

Have a couple of friends my age, and maybe even meet a guy or two.

I did understand his protectiveness, because of the witches trying to kill me, to complete that sadistic coming-of-age ritual called The Harvest.

Marcel came in, and the smile that I had on my face dropped to the floor.

There was a girl in his arms. She looked to be my age, maybe a year or two older. She had the prettiest skin I had ever seen, long curly dark hair, and she was covered in blood and what looked like lashes.

For a second, I wondered if she was dead.

"What happened to her?" I asked worriedly. The girl looked like she had been through a lot.

Marcel laid her down carefully on the couch in the corner of my room.

As if she were made, of glass.

"No, she is very much alive. It was the witches who did this. They wanted to send a message. I am hoping you can translate it. Please take care of her, D. I was close with her parents."

I nodded, excited to have the chance to talk to another girl who was my age. Marcel hugged me and left, saying he had some business to take care of, but he would be back shortly.

The girl flinched, and a groan left her lips. She looked like she was in so much pain.

It wasn't right for them to treat someone like this. And I had thought that they had been cruel to me. Looking at this girl that Marcel brought me, I suddenly realized I hadn't known half of it.

Compared to her, I had been treated like an angel. Being dead looked better than this. I walked to the corner of my room, straight to the bookcase that held my precious books.

.............................................................

3 hours later

.............................................................

Luna Pov

......................................................