𝟖𝟓.

Luna Pov

...............................................................

"Who is that?"

My father's voice pulled me out of my head.

I stood and the notebook I had been openly doodling on fell to the ground. The breeze lifted my hair temporarily blocking my view.

Blonde curly hair tinted gold by the sun, a black leather jacket, and a gray Henley shirt....my favorite.....

"Klaus."

He was here.

I didn't let myself wonder or doubt. My mind didn't have the time, my body already running forward on instinct.

The sea's azure tide submerged the white sand, nearly licking my toes. It easily could have but for some reason didn't.

I was so hell-bent on getting to him that I didn't think about a possible collision. Fortunately, we never collided.

He fell to his knees at my feet, arms wrapping themselves like vines around my middle.

Tears flooded my eyes. He was here.

Sensory overload was the perfect description. With the wind picking up as it did every night the sand would get in my clothes and hair. The sea smelled as salty as ever but today it smelled particularly briny. Usually, by now I would have to grab my cardigan. I couldn't focus on the chill in the air and the heavy winds that were soon to come.

...He was here in my head...

Nothing else mattered.

All of these days and nights I spent trying to write down how he makes me feel. In the end, it turned out to be messy and unclear. Maybe, words weren't always the answer. It was like uncorking a bottle and all of my feelings desperately wanting to come out all at once. There it was....... I thought as I realized that he was speaking. I could hardly catch what he was saying but even when I did I couldn't understand it. I recognized one of the words he said from Ester and Freya when they were speaking Old Norse for a spell.

The warmth......the glow......the desire.....

I wanted to know what he was saying, but the sound of him talking was enough to make me want to collapse.

This couldn't be something my head would make up. I couldn't exactly determine what Klaus smelled like. When I thought about it in my head I would come close but there was a slight difference. My brain tried to fill in the gaps. But this was him. It seemed funny how one of my worst nightmares was coming true.

He was in my head. At the moment I didn't care if he found out the truth....my secret...... all I cared about was the fact that he was here with me.

That's all that mattered.

When he loosened his grip enough I was able to join him on my knees. I don't think my body would have given me much of a choice anyway. His unreadable gaze cut through me like a knife. This was different....this look did more to me than the see right through me.....

That look didn't make my mouth go dry and my lips feel chapped. That look didn't make me want to avoid eye contact like it was the plague.

The air had this tense element. It didn't feel right to try and say, 'well, hey, I wasn't expecting to see you here in my head, but welcome.'