𝟔𝟔.

Luna Pov

.............................................................

I sighed, turning around in the bed. I just couldn't get comfortable. I had problems sleeping because, for one, I was cold, and two, Klaus was on the couch. There were only a few feet between us. Maybe I was being overdramatic, it just didn't feel right to be so far away...He was sleeping on the couch. Everyone else had a room with the opposite sex well except for Kol and Davina, Hayley and Elijah, and Damon and Cami, but that was by choice. I barely even slept in the car ride over here. Everyone was so tired that we could barely decide who was sleeping in what room. Since there were not a lot of rooms like at the compound, we would have to double up; Marcel and Josh, Davina and Kol, Stefan and Ansel, Damon and Cami, Hayley and Elijah, and then me and Klaus. Rebekah had her own room, and so did Hope. I was confused when Klaus said he was going to take the couch. Maybe I had said too much earlier.

Maybe, I had said something wrong or done something stupid.

This wouldn't have been the first time we have slept in the same bed together. It was just hard sleeping in the same room with him knowing I could have said or done something wrong. And that killed me on the inside. I would prefer for someone to slowly rip my heart out, then say or do something wrong in front of him.

Especially, since our 'date' thing was tomorrow. I didn't know what else to call it because it wasn't just a day out, and it wasn't just dinner. Everything was more when it involved Klaus.

With him, a simple day turned perfect. Even if someone was trying to kill me, as long as I was with him everything would be okay. I didn't need a hero, I could fend perfectly well for myself, Klaus knew this. He had told me once that he didn't want me to have to fight for myself. Knowing that he would defend me made me feel special, even exceptional. A bad day, without Klaus, became worse. He kept me in one piece. It was like I was a piece of material, and he was the stitches that held me together. And when I fell apart, he was there to fix me again. I couldn't understand what made me feel better when I saw him, or when he held me. I was so attached to him and his family.....Despite being away, I didn't regret my feelings toward any of them.....even though the pain had been agonizing...

Not everyone knew his favorite places to visit, not even his siblings. No one knew his favorite color, I knew this was a fact because everyone thought it was either blue, green, or black. No one could think of his favorite song. I knew he told me things he didn't share with anyone else, just like I told him things that I didn't share with anyone but him.

One of his favorite places in the world to visit is Pamukkale, a town in western Turkey. The Antique Pool was his favorite thing about the town, with its mineral-rich thermal waters, and was most famous for its submerged Roman columns. An earthquake had caused it. There was beauty in destruction. Another one of his top three was Athens, the capital city of Greece. The way he described the remarkable foods, the history-filled museums, the unique architecture, and structure of the temples, the sandy beaches, and the street art. It was like I had really been there with him. The last of his top three is the Amazon Rainforest. He had said that despite the rain and hot temperatures, every minute had been worth it. There were thousands of different species of trees, some towered, the diversity of species, including animals. That's what he loved about it. I had seen paintings from all three places. They were all equally stunning in their own way. The paintings were masterpieces in my opinion. He would deny it, saying that it was nothing. I just couldn't help but gush over them. I could feel emotion when I looked at them. He was so passionate about painting, I think that's why I loved to watch him create. There were these times when we stayed up all night. He was painting, and I would watch as he turned blank canvases into something. It didn't matter if it was a tree, an animal, blood spatter, a white wall, the ocean, or a sunset. Anything he created with a paintbrush in his hands, and colors on his palette, dark or bright, was something special.