𝟑𝟔.

Hayley Pov

.............................................................

Luna and I were back at the compound after we found out that the human she killed had been hexed and controlled by Genevieve.

Klaus naturally lost it so, she left the compound in tears, running.

I thought that Luna would be satisfied with that, but she wasn't.

She seemed to fall into a depression.

It hurt me to see my sister like this. She had dark circles under her eyes, and she had stopped eating. She was melancholy, disheartened, and dispirited.....about everything....even Klaus.

Davina tried to persuade her but to no avail. Cami talked to her and said that killing that man caused her to lose a piece of herself, a piece of her died along with that man.

She had killed vampires before because she was most of the time forced to, or she defended herself. After telling Cami what Luna told me the first night we met, it seemed to make sense to me. Killing that man, that human must have taken her back to the dark, cryptic state she was in at the witches' cemetery.

Marcel and his vampires didn't make anything better. Kol desperately tried to get her to laugh and even smile but to no avail.

Kol one morning came down in a skirt and heels everyone else roared with laughter but not Luna. Rebekah tried to talk to her on the phone, but it seemed as pointless as everything else.

I talked to her and told her that it was eventually going to get better because I had gone through the same thing. Elijah tried, and the same thing happened as before. Damon, who was her father figure, couldn't get her to show any sign of life or emotion in her eyes.

It was today that Klaus had had enough, he put his foot down. It was difficult to watch him yell at her, but he was scared for her just like we were, maybe more.

I knew that he would never hurt her, but I still had to hold Elijah's hand. The more I stressed, the more contractions I had so, I tried to practice my breathing.

After he got done yelling, Luna burst into tears. I was about to walk over there when Klaus wrapped his arms around her. She went into his chest and curled up in his lap like a small animal.

I was shocked, I'd never seen him compassionate like this, but I guess everything changed when he was around her. Luna wrapped her arms around him, and I smiled. Maybe she could get through this.

Two days, later Luna was living life again. Laughing with Kol, who was mostly sad because Davina was playing undercover for us at the witches. Luna looked like she had slept all through the night without a single nightmare.

Luna smiled for the first time in days, and I couldn't be more thankful for Klaus.

......................................................

That night at dinner, Luna was sitting by Klaus like (always), and I was sitting by Elijah. I looked at Finn he had been acting weird these past few days. He had been glancing at Luna longingly.

I was surprised to see that he was still breathing. Elijah assured me that if he even thought about it or tried it again, he would set Klaus free. I loved and respected Elijah, but I didn't think that he would be able to stop Klaus if Finn tried to do something to Luna again.