𝟓.

......................................................

Luna Pov

......................................................

Rebekah and I were both sitting outside the pool with our feet inside it. At first, it had been alarmingly cold, but after a while, the intensity of the water's temperature had subsided. She suggested that we come out after she finished painting my nails.

"So you've never swum before? I don't mean to - -" she trailed off.

I laughed, "Bekah, you're fine, thanks for asking but no."

I glanced down at my nails, hmm... I must have picked at the lilac color in my sleep.

Lately, I've been having trouble sleeping. The cause of this was dreams. Bad dreams. Or more appropriately called nightmares.

All of them were about having to go back to the witches' place. I've been told that I would toss and turn in my sleep. The four: Klaus, Elijah, Rebekah, and Hayley would come to check on me worried. But I still struggled.

I couldn't keep this up for long. One of them was going to find out about the dreams I just wasn't ready to tell them. Enough was going on and I didn't want to add to anyone's plate.

Hayley and Elijah were out in the bayou trying to find our pack. Klaus was discussing the"King" of New Orleans situation with Marcel. It's been four days since I hugged him for the second time, and since he showed me his form of art. Every morning since then, I didn't look at the window anymore when I first woke up. I looked at his painting, hanging up on my wall instead.

My sister told me this morning that I would be more than welcome, but I politely declined. I decided that I didn't want to see the pack yet. They would probably depend on me, and I could barely depend on myself to get sleep right now. I wanted to talk to Rebekah or Hayley about my strange feelings about/around Klaus, but I decided to wait a little while before I did.

"Well, I think it's time you learn," declared Rebekah with a determined look on her face. I admired how confident she was about everything. If Rebekah didn't like something, then she let you know about it. That was her special type of independence, I admired hers and my sisters, but I also wanted to have my own.

"That sounds great, just promise me you won't let me drown." I looked at her questioningly. She smiled and said, "You have my word."

Rebekah had an evil glint in her eye. A few seconds later, I was in the water.

Coming up for a breath, the air never tasted this sweet before. The pool water was chilly. The top layer was warm because of the sun's rays, but the other layers below it remained nippy.

It was hard staying afloat.

I could touch the bottom with my feet but only for short moments. The muscles in my body were straining from me flailing my arms and legs around under the water.

"Rebekah," I called, looking around the pool, but I didn't see her.

"Relax, Luna, you are doing fine. I just went to go change. I couldn't have come in with my designer jeans as much as I adore you."