𝟑𝟗.

Rebekah Pov

.............................................................

As soon as I found, that mongrel I was going to skin him alive. The poor girl was seriously ill and in a coma-like state.

No doubt because of him and that red-headed snake Genevieve.

I just hoped that I got to him before Nik, although I seriously doubted it. My phone rang, and I took it out of my pocket. I rolled my eyes, seeing Elijah's name.

"What in the bloody hell do you want now Elijah? You can't stop me. I am going to skin that bloody bastard alive and then drive a stake through his worthless heart."

I paused and frowned, waiting for his response. But this was not Elijah speaking on the phone but Davina.

I called Klaus, explaining what Davina said over the phone, and went to the compound as quickly as possible.

.............................................................

I frowned, looking at Luna. Her skin was pale, a grayish tone completely, unlike her usual, unique radiant carmel color that I had always envied. She had such beautiful skin. I swear she could pull off any color without even trying. Her heartbeat was slower than usual, slower than before I had left. She had gotten worse. Her skin felt as cold as ice.

 Hopefully, she was strong enough to fight this, whatever it was off. I wish there was some way I could fight for her. She had fought enough, been through enough to last her a lifetime.

My brother was on his knees with a hand on her cheek and his eyes closed. He looked so lost.....like he didn't know what to do now that his most significant motivator wasn't by his side...Luna was more than that. He probably didn't see it because his walls were built toweringly high and firmly solid. One day, I was sure that Luna would become my sister-in-law. One day she would have Mikaelson as her last name. One day I might have another niece or nephew, maybe two or three. I wasn't getting completely ahead of myself, I saw the way they looked at each other, the way they held each other, and the way they defended one another... It wasn't completely far-fetched. Of course, I and a few others would have to help speed things along, love was blind and deaf too in their exceptional case.

Kol and Davina were in the corner of the room looking in old grimoires and spellbooks to see what was wrong with her. Damon and Marcel's vampires were still out looking for Stefan. I looked at Elijah worriedly.

I sighed, everything seemed to be fine at first when I came back, but now everything was messing up.

"It looks like a curse or a spell, possibly even a type of rare poison. I've never seen anything like this. Whoever did it was a smart witch they must have used a cloaking spell so that we can't track her," Kol muttered angrily as he slammed the book closed, nearly breaking the binding that held it together. Davina walked over to Luna and put her hand on her head.

Klaus' phone rang, and he moved away from Luna and answered it, giving her a look of longing before doing so.

He didn't say anything and left. I stared at Elijah, confused, and I attempted to call Hayley, but Elijah stopped me by handing me a glass of tequila. He was quite good at giving someone what they needed at their worst moments.