𝟏𝟔.

Luna Pov

.............................................................

I attempted to stand on my own but failed miserably.

Even though Klaus had given me his blood, my leg still wasn't fully healed and capable of movement or pressure.

And I felt weak. The bone in my leg was going to have to be set back in place. I winced, just the thought of feeling that pain made me sick.

Elijah and Klaus were arguing, and Hayley was standing by me.

She was trying to get all of the mud and sticks out of my hair. I guessed that part of this was to distract herself and try to fix me up. I couldn't help but be upset with both her and Elijah for believing all those accusations about Klaus.

"Alright, Luna, I think it is time that you, Hayley, and I return to the compound."

I looked at Elijah, confused as I folded my arms across my chest.

"What about Klaus?"

Elijah said nothing and moved forward to come and get me. Hayley reached under my arms. I pushed both of them gently away. Not wanting to go anywhere with them.

Not without Klaus.

"Look, I get that you are trying to keep me safe, but I am not going anywhere without Klaus."

Klaus came out of the tree line, a smirk beginning to form on his lips.

"Oh my, Elijah. You see, not everyone falls for your charms and persuasions like Hayley."

Klaus came towards me, but Elijah stepped in front of him.

"Brother, I suggest that you move out of the way."

Elijah stood there, and Klaus exhaled, clearly angry.

This was getting ridiculous.

I hopped down on one leg, off of the decaying log I had been on. Ignoring Hayley, telling me to sit.

I tried to step on my other leg, but I felt that pain again. I hobbled over to Klaus and Elijah. Which wasn't very far, but with one leg it was. It hurt like hell, but this was getting to be ridiculous.

Whatever I decided, whatever choice I made, everyone else was going to have to live with it.

Elijah turned away from Klaus and looked at me. He moved to put his hand on my shoulder, but I moved his hand and hobbled over to Klaus.

"Luna, being with my brother right, now is not the best idea. I can protect you just as well as him."

I sighed, "Look, Elijah, I trust Klaus. I trust him with my life. He is not evil. No one in this world is truly good, not even you. He saved my life. If he hadn't stopped Tyler, I don't know what else he would've done to me. I'm sorry if the two of you don't like it, but this is my choice, this is my decision."

Klaus put a hand on my shoulder and pulled me closer. I was now leaning on him. Doing so took that painful, intense pressure off my leg, and I looked him in the eyes to express my way of thanking him. The smirk appeared fully on his lips. I noticed that there was warmness in his eyes, that hadn't been there before. This is where I wanted to be. No one had made this decision for me. It was my choice. I wasn't used to being able to do what I wanted, and now that I could, I was going to stand by whatever I chose.

"Luna, I know that you care for Klaus, but he just killed someone."

I put a hand up to cut my sister off. The irritation and impatience could be heard in my voice, "Hayley that someone almost killed me, among the other things that he did. He hurt you and the baby. I am glad that he is dead. If he was alive then he would mess everything up just like he is doing now. He said those things to you to make you turn against Klaus because he hated him. And the last time I checked, you have to kill a human to complete the werewolf curse."

"Luna, I am begging..."

"No," I told Elijah, shaking my head slightly to emphasize my point.

"I want him."

Elijah took Hayley's hand and walked off.

Klaus still had his arm around me. The bubbling hot feeling had disappeared. Besides the pain from my leg, I realized that I had never felt better.

"Luna...." Klaus began, but I put my finger to his mouth, quieting him.

"Klaus, I just want you to take me home."

He nodded and picked me up bridal style. I snuggled my head into his chest. "Klaus," I mumbled into his warm chest. "Yes, love?"

I looked up at him smiling down at me. I was more than lucky to have him in my life. I believed that I was blessed not by a god or a spirit but by Klaus Mikealson himself.

"I just wanted you to know that whatever happens, I will always believe in you."

Klaus looked down at me and smiled. I snuggled back into his chest, loving the way it felt to be in his strong arms.

Here I was warm, here I was protected, here I was safe.....