𝟒𝟎.

Damon Pov

.............................................................

"Oh, you got here pretty fast," I said, trying to block Klaus from Stefan.

Klaus continued to walk forward, knocking me to the ground in the process.

I was expecting to have my neck snapped, or at least my heart ripped out.

I looked up and dusted my clothes free of dirt. Stefan was going to have to buy me a drink later for all the damn problems he caused me.

I got back up and put my hands on Klaus' shoulders, trying to at least, delay him because I knew that I wouldn't last very long.

He shoved me away from him with such force that I lost my barrings and almost became apart of the ground.

"Klaus, wait! He doesn't remember last night or Luna."

Klaus stopped and briefly looked at Stefan, who held his hands up in a defensive position. "I do not know who Luna is."

I sighed in relief. Klaus retracted his fangs and walked back. His eyes were their normal color, but he still looked hostile enough to kill.

"Hey, have you seen Luna? Is she doing any better?"

I was worried about my friend, whom I treated like a daughter. That's what she was to me. Klaus took a deep breath, "She is the same, although her heart beats slower every second and her skin is like ice. When I find Genevieve...."

He didn't finish. He was so upset he couldn't exactly say what he wanted to do to her.

Klaus then disappeared, and Stefan walked out into the clearing with a confused expression on his face.

"He must really care about her....." Stefan hummed, and I looked at him, noticing that there was a wistful tone in his voice.

I smiled, feeling less tense as I looked over at my brother, "You have no idea....."

.............................................................

Luna Pov

.............................................................

"You won't wake up, you know, at least until the poison is out of your system."

I opened my eyes and sat up, and blinked twice, just to make sure I wasn't seeing things.

I jumped, and the voice came repeating. I vaguely recognized it to be the voice of my mother.

I rolled off the couch, and onto the floor. I tried not to panic as I inspected myself. My skin had this weird glowy aura around it. I looked back at the couch. I could see that my skin was paler than usual, and I wasn't breathing normally like I was supposed to. Something was wrong, with me.

I looked around the room to see Rebekah pacing around the room, and Elijah was sitting in a chair writing in his journal.