𝟑𝟓.

Jake Pov

.............................................................

"Hey, Jake, would you mind putting some sunscreen on my back."

I took off my sunglasses and looked at Luna, who was sitting up. Stuttering out, "Sure."

I tried really hard to look into her eyes and only her eyes. She was wearing a short pair of shorts and a dark blue bikini top. The cut-off jean shorts favored her shapely legs and bottom. The bikini top she was wearing was simple, but on her, like anything else she wore, looked stunning. Luna was not thin like her sister by any means. A full hourglass figure, warm brown skin, luscious long curls, full plump pink lips, full bust, thick thighs, a flat toned stomach...

She had been blessed.

Every other girl I knew would be wearing little to no clothing at all if they had Luna's body and shape. Luna wasn't like that though, she hid in long baggy clothes. Occasionally there would be some holes in her jeans or a tight shirt, but nothing this showing before. It wasn't a bad thing either.

We had just got done swimming, so her hair was still wet. It was in its usual tight braid, but it looked different in the sun. It was still dark brown but, parts of it were highlighted, with reds and lighter shades of brown.

Luna sighed, looking over at me.

"Jake, we talked about this."

I nodded, understanding what she meant.

Luna said that she didn't like me the way that I liked her. She said we could be friends, she only had a few exceptions, and one of them was not staring too long.

I grabbed the bottle of sunscreen and put some in my hands. I moved Luna's long braid to the side and started applying the sunscreen to her back. Unlike the usual white color, this sunscreen had a clear coat so you couldn't see it. It smelled like coconut, so that was a plus. I tried to think of something else as I rubbed the sunscreen into her soft skin. I did her crescent moon birthmark last, tracing the moon shape before shakily getting up.

"I'm done."

"Thanks, Jake, before you, go let me do yours," I started to object, but Luna gave me the puppy face, and I sat down without another word. In my head, I was screaming in excitement. The girl I liked was about to put her hands on me. I didn't want her to see that I was too happy about it because she might not do it. I wanted to make things as comfortable as possible between us if we even had a chance.

It was strange having her hands all over my back, but I didn't mind. They were soft, and she didn't linger as I did.

After she was done, she sat down on her towel and started applying the sunscreen to her arms, legs, and torso.

I tried to look away, but it was hard.

Luna tossed me the sunscreen bottle, and I started to apply some myself.

She laid out on the towel on her stomach, reading some old book. I asked her what it was, and she replied with, she didn't know, and that Elijah had gifted it to her.

After I was done with the sunscreen, I put on my sunglasses and my straw hat planning to take a nap.