𝟒𝟐.

Rebekah Pov

......................................................

"Wait, so you're telling me that you are in love with my brother?"

Luna scoffed and looked down at her feet. Her eyes were still irritated from crying, and her nose was a little red, but I somehow managed to stop her from crying and cheer her up.

"I don't know if I am in love with him, Bekah. It's just the way he makes me feel. I can't explain it... trying to describe it is nearly impossible. I'm afraid to even attempt and try to explain it because I don't want you to think I'm crazy."

I raised my eyebrows and put my head on a pillow. Luna did the same. We turned our bodies so that we would still be facing each other.

"I promise that I won't think your crazy."

She sighed heavily, closing her eyes before beginning.

"Ever since the first night, I was interested in him. Talking to him felt so natural. I felt drawn to him, and I still do, and I can't explain it. With Klaus, I don't have to pretend I'm some brave/daring all-powerful witch/werewolf hybrid. I can be myself. A werewolf/witch hybrid teenage girl with a serious addiction to chili cheese fries."

I burst out laughing, and Luna laughed too. It felt good to have some of the tension in the room released. "I really am addicted to them." She sighed and continued, her face becoming more serious.

"I'm really just a broken teenage girl who happens to have a supernatural history and powers. He doesn't judge me or criticize me about the things I do wrong or right. He doesn't expect me to do anything, and he never doubts me. He is always there for me, and I am there for him. I feel safe and protected when I'm around him. It's not the same safe as everyone else's safe makes me feel. Rebekah, I swear, as soon as he saved me from Tyler, I felt safe. I could feel it in my bones."

Oh yes, Luna was crazy.

CRAZY IN LOVE!!!

She just didn't know it yet. That last sentence she said gave me the chills. Luna had a way with words. I wanted to see what my brother's reaction to hearing her say those words.

I smiled, and Luna's face lit up a bright red, "What?" she whispered, not being able to look me in the eyes. I laughed softly.

The way she got all shy when she talked about my brother was undeniably cute.

"I love the thought of you and my brother together. I wish you would tell him how you feel. He needs someone like you, scratch that he needs you and only you, period. All the time I've walked this Earth with him, I've never seen him like this."

Luna looked up with confusion etched on her face, "Seen him like what?"

I smiled and took her hands in my own, as if to emphasize my point, "happy."

Luna's eyes were now downcast as she muttered, "He's in love with someone else."