𝟖𝟑.

.........................................................

Jackson Pov

.........................................................

It's been no more than two weeks since Abbraxas pushed Luna off the tallest building in New Orleans. Since then, it appears that all hell has broken loose.

I was sure that even the people who hated my guts would agree with me on that.

Seeing my sister-in-law laying quietly on a bed made my stomach twist up in knots.

This wasn't supposed to happen.

Strangely, it all felt like a dream. Though, it was one you never woke from but held onto the hope that you would eventually.

Luna was supposed to be awake, and more lively than this. I would give my life just to hear her argue with her sister again.

At least then there would be a flush on her cheeks, and fire in her eyes.

She was just too pale and too still for my liking. The silence was enough to take your breath away if her still form didn't.

Everyone was dealing with it their own way. Emotions and feelings all blending together in one big mixing pot.

Anger. Sadness. Dismay.

Klaus looked fit enough to be lying in his own bed beside her.

Two weeks wasn't supposed to feel like months. When someone was missing from your life, things didn't feel right. She made an impression on people.

One night. One underestimated move. One action and one reaction was all it took to send our spiraling community into a complete downfall.

There were no more threads to hold our makeshift and hurried promises together. What was the point?

Whether Luna knew it or not, she affected the people around her.

.........................................................

flashbacks

.........................................................

"What if they don't like me?"

My first impression of Hayley's sister was that she was apprehensive around new people but at the same time amiable. Her fears were steady of the unknown. Of course, if a big man had seen me and came towards me with arms wide maybe I would have run and hidden somewhere else too. Tomorrow, I would tell everyone to keep their distance.

Luna was more than noticeable in a crowd with her looks. Small features reminded me that she was Hayley's sister. Alike, yet so different. She smelled something of vanilla, unlike her sister's flowery fragrance. Her voice had this strange yet pleasant quality of musicalness to it, silvery almost. I wanted to get her comfortable enough around me to break out my guitar and ask her to sing. To teach her if she didn't know how.

I just had to earn her trust first. Not exactly an easy feat. I couldn't blame her for being cautious.

"They will."

"How do you know that they will?" She questioned as her strange gaze pierced through me.

"Because I like you."