𝟒𝟔.

Rebekah Pov

.............................................................

I looked at Elijah, he had his head in his hands. I didn't need to see his face to know he was crying.

My niece was currently asleep in Kol's arms asleep.

Klaus was by Luna. She had stopped howling by now, and her overly large head was in Klaus' lap looking positively dreadful. Her ears lay flat against her head as she whined. Klaus would try and soothe her as he ran an open palm on her back.

I looked up, wiping my eyes. Golden rays of light could be seen lighting up the wood and blood on the floor.

I sniffled, my eyes sore due to the amount of crying I had been doing. How could the sun shine on a day like this? It should be stormy, dark, cold, and miserable. Klaus took off his leather jacket and put it on the back of Luna. It looked small on her broad shoulders now, but I had a sinking suspicion that it would be too big for her in her normal form.

I winced, hearing the cracking and shifting of her bones.

It felt like a sword was stabbed into my heart when she started sobbing.

It was very unnerving, of course, Klaus was holding her, but it didn't make things better. I mean, she had just lost her sister. I don't think things wouldn't be better for a long time, scratch that for forever.

Hayley had become a part of this family just like Luna had. The two had woven themselves into our hearts and minds. Now there was only one. Hayley gasped and sat up, clutching her stomach.

She was alive, but how?

Before I could wonder aloud, Elijah stepped forward and kissed Hayley.

About time. If only I could recreate a scenario where Elijah was Klaus and Hayley was Luna.

Klaus and Luna were uncomfortable and impatient.

Luna stepped forward and tapped Elijah on the shoulder. Her voice was raspy, and soft from all of the screaming she had been doing.

"Hey, you can make out with my sister later, but I need to give her a hug right now," said Luna.

Elijah stepped back, watching like the rest of us. Luna tackled Hayley and cried, these were happy tears, I was sure of it.

Luna pulled away and went to talk to Kol, who looked uncomfortable.

Klaus hugged Hayley briefly, but before Elijah could get back to her, I did. I wrapped my arms around her lanky frame. I smiled, happy to hear that her heart was beating.

.............................................................

Luna Pov

.............................................................

I looked down at my niece, who was sound asleep in Kol's arms.

I looked at Kol and saw he was frowning. I sighed and put my hand on his shoulder, "Kol, it wasn't your fault that crazy witch bitch controlled you. I know that you would never hurt me, not on purpose."