𝟕𝟓.

Cole Pov

.........................................................

Things had gone from calm to not-so-much in a matter of seconds.

All it took was for Luna to say that Jake was hurting her, and to let her go, and Jake was up against the wall, with Klaus's hands wrapped around his throat.

I approved of course. He didn't have the right to kiss her. And holding her back so she couldn't move away.

Luna was the one who didn't approve that's why I was holding her back.

She was yelling for Klaus to let go of Jake. As tears ran down her face.

I understood that he was her 'best friend' but this time Jake had taken things too far. If Madeline had been alive she would have killed him, best friends or not.

I was sure that Elijah was saying the same thing. To let Jake go.

But it seemed Klaus didn't have any intention of doing that any time soon.

.........................................................

A man came downstairs, Ansel I think was his name. Klaus's father.

Demanding to know what was going on.

Klaus let Jake go then, and he fell to the floor clutching his throat.

Luna had stopped struggling and was now still. Turning her head to Jake and then to Klaus.

Elijah was talking with Ansel, who had one hand rested on Klaus' shoulder. He had now turned to Jake who was now standing up.

He then proceeded to do the stupidest thing I've ever seen, he pushed Klaus.

.........................................................

Elijah Pov

.........................................................

I had never seen him act out like this, in front of Luna. Usually, he was on his best behavior.

But everything changed when he had seen the bruises on her arm.

It was like adding gasoline to an already raging fire.

When we had first come into the compound Jake's presence had made him clench his jaw.

But when Jake put his hands on Luna's arms, hurting her...that is when he snapped.

But Jake had apparently not learned his lesson. As he got up and pushed my brother. Hard enough to knock him back a couple of steps, it wouldn't have moved him at all but he hadn't been expecting it. Being in a deep conversation with Ansel that was.

"This is none of your damn business anyway," Jake said as he pushed Klaus again.

"If I want to kiss her I will." He said as he pushed him yet again. Except Klaus didn't move but a few inches this time.

"And there isn't a damn thing you can do to stop me," Jake growled as he slammed his hands against my brother's chest. This time he didn't move back at all. He stood firmly in place despite how hard Jake had pushed him.