𝟐𝟕.

Davina Pov

.............................................................

I opened my eyes rolling over to find someone in the room, in my bed with me.

I sat up alarmed but then relaxed it was just Luna.

We had stayed up talking most of the night. I was helping her find out who hexed Cami's uncle and brother. She didn't ask for help, of course, she never did I just offered.

We didn't come up with anything, and I could see that Luna was working overtime, and not making little or any progress was starting to affect her.

She was literally swaying side to side as we talked. I noticed that her skin was pale, and she had dark circles under her eyes that wouldn't go away.

Halfway through our conversation, she collapsed onto the bed.

I rushed to her shaking her but to no avail.

I checked her pulse to find that she still had one, a strong one at that. I relaxed, she was just sleeping. I didn't want to wake her she was just so peaceful. She deserved all the sleep she could get anyway with all the nightmares she had been having recently.

I didn't mean to, I just overheard her and Cami talking.

Soon after lightly grazing through the grimoire, I fell asleep using the old and thick book as a pillow. Thinking of Cami's uncle, and who could have possibly cursed him......

......................................................

I sat up, wide awake.

Looking over, I saw that Luna was still in a deep sleep, and she hadn't moved or changed her position at all.

I gathered up the grimoires and all the pages of notes that we took last night.

I stood up to put them on my desk, but I stopped. Something was very wrong, I could feel it.

I clutched my stomach. There was this horrible pain. Like the feeling of needing to throw up amplified ten times more. I fell to the ground, feeling little relief because I wasn't standing.

I saw Luna get up and walk over to me worried.

"Davina, what's wrong?"

I opened my mouth to speak, but it wasn't words that came out, it was dirt.

.............................................................

Luna Pov

.............................................................

"Is everything alright? What happened?" asked Marcel with a worried glance at Davina.

Everyone was here now, even Cami. I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself after what I had just witnessed. I had seen a lot of horrible things in my life, and seeing Davina throw up dirt was one of the most disturbing.