𝟑𝟏.

Luna Pov

.............................................................

It didn't take long to track her down. I happened to be skilled at locator spells. Other witches were able to get around the area of what they were looking for or close to it. I was able to pinpoint the exact location.

I decided to wear something comfortable I was going to be doing a lot of walking, possibly running. I wore jeans and a blue and white long-sleeved shirt that was a little past my elbows. It was a little cool outside, and the wind was blowing so, I decided this would be the best.

I threw my hair in a simple braid. I ran to my door and opened it to go out, but then I stopped seeing Elijah.

"Luna, have you, by any chance, seen Klaus?" Asked Elijah, and in response, I shook my head.

I slightly shivered remembering, his goodnight, and my thoughts of kissing his pink lips. In all my time away from the witch's place and I had never seen a man with lips like him, that wasn't a bad thing either. It took me a while to answer than it should have, mainly because I was, imagining what they would feel like on my own.

Would they be as soft and as plump as they looked?

Would his kiss be strong and dominant? Like the persona, he showed on the outside.

Or

Would his kiss be soft and tender? Like he was on the inside. The part of him that he hid from the world and everyone except for me, it seemed...

I cleared my throat, putting the thoughts of Klaus, his lips, and kissing him in the back of my mind as I answered Elijah's question.

"Not since last night."

I doubled over and fell into Elijah's chest, feeling a shock go through me. Images overtook my mind:

Rebekah was trying to get away from something, I couldn't see it, but the look on her face was pure fear.

I gasped and pushed away from Elijah, steadying myself on a wall, desperately trying to catch my breath. He was rubbing my shoulders and back, asking if I was alright in his 'Elijah' tone of voice.

"Elijah, we need to get to...

I told him where it was and what I had seen. He nodded. He never asked a question. I guess that's how you know when someone trusts you.

Having Elijah's trust meant a lot, almost as much as having Klaus'.

......................................................

I stopped Elijah when we were in view of the old hospital.

"Listen, Elijah, I don't know what we are going to walk in on. A witch is uncovering secrets and untold betrayals to Klaus right now. Just like Esther warned me about. The prophecy has so far come true despite what everyone said. I'm sure you can understand my reluctance."

Elijah gently put a hand on my cheek.

"Don't worry, Luna. Should there be any danger, I shall protect you from it."

I shook my head. "I don't doubt that Elijah, but what about Rebekah, Klaus, and you..."

"All the more reason to go in." I sighed into his hand.

"I need to know what you did."

Elijah sighed, running his hands through his hair. It, of course, went back to its original state.

"We don't have enough time, Luna I wish-"

I interrupted him holding my hand up, stopping him. "I need to know so I can know what to say to him. You know he will listen to me if he will listen, to anyone."

Elijah put both of his hands on the sides of my face, and I was inside his mind. I was in a memory of his.

He was compelling some wild-looking women with red hair. I recognized her, not because I had seen her before, but from the time Klaus described her. This must have been his first and only love, Aurora.

The memory ended, and he took his hands off my cheeks, the warmth that he had provided left with him.

I then put the pieces together. This was going to be hard. I don't know which one is worse.

Bringing back Mikael to hunt Klaus or compelling Klaus' love Aurora.

When I find that witch Genevieve she is going to wish that she had stayed dead.

I just hoped that I would be able to restrain Klaus. Not with my physique but with my words. He once told me I could be moving.

I hoped that I would be enough. I know that my words are the only thing that will truly impact him and possibly stop him if needed.

I looked at the old hospital and felt sick to my stomach.

This was not going to be easy.