𝟔𝟖.

Chris Pov

.............................................................

I had been feeling zapped of energy lately. It's been a very, very long, hard month filled with sleepless and eat-less nights. After my brother died, there were few left who cared to protect the innocents from demons and other evil entities.

My family had a well-known name. That name came with a dangerous line of work. It wasn't exactly suited for the faint of heart. Not anyone could just up and start vanquishing demons. It took more than just hours of training and studying. If you weren't careful it could take your life.

We weren't like normal witches. For centuries, the Halliwells have vanquished evil and protected the innocents of this world from the dangers lurking around.

It's one of the reasons why demons feared us, why they tried their best to kill us, sending more after the last had failed. They feared my family name. It was why they hunted my family among all others in the magical/witch community.

My family, the Halliwells, had defeated several evils. The list seemed to be never-ending.

Our abilities separated us from all of the other witches in the world. It's one of the many things that made us stronger compared to them. Without my family, the world would have been destroyed long ago by demons.

My father has been up there with the elders trying to convince them to bring my brother back.

But the elders were a bunch of dicks, correction they were being their normal selves. So, naturally, there wasn't any progress being made. And that made me angry.

No, it made me furious. My brother was a good person, well he had been a good person when he had been alive. He doesn't deserve to stay dead. He was probably all alone and scared. After all, my family had done for them, the elders, all we ever got was a slap in the face.

Every. Single. Time.

Without pause or fault.

It was a cycle that repeated itself over and over again.

We Halliwells had sacrificed so much, so much for them just to sit back on their thrones in their elaborate white robes, as they listed off the things we're allowed and not allowed to do.

My brother, my older brother, the only sibling I had. The only family I had left besides my dad and my grandpa...was gone. I had three aunts, but they were all dead, just like my mother. I don't even have a memory of any of them. Wyatt remembered, but only bits and pieces. Our family had a sad history, full of death, and heartbreaks. He was lucky, well he had been lucky he had memories and all I had left to sort through were old dusty photographs. It was sad that they hadn't even made it to 25 years old. They died younger than they should have.

After a while of vanquishing demons, you started to feel invincible...and it felt good.

They let all that power go to their head. A fatal mistake, that led them to their deaths. Not by any stalker, not by some rogue witch, but by demons. We had to make a special place for their bodies because demons and other family enemies would dig them up and try to bring them back, or worse. It was just too hard to handle seeing their decaying bodies, and my grandpa told Leo, my dad, that he couldn't take seeing them like that anymore. So they were cremated, burned down to nothing but ash. Locked away somewhere in the manor.