𝟏𝟕.

Hayley Pov

.............................................................

I sighed, holding Elijah's hand. Luna being with Klaus right now didn't exactly put my mind to ease.

"Is there something bothering you, Hayley?" Elijah asked, and I smiled he was always so polite.

"I just don't really understand why Luna is..."

"Always with my brother," finished Elijah.

I smiled at him. We have always had a connection. It was like we knew what the other was going to say before they said it. We could relate so much.

We reached the car, and there was no sign of Klaus and Luna.

"I guess that they decided to go another route," I groaned in frustration. Why did Luna have to be so damn stubborn?

"Hayley, don't worry about her, I assure you that he would never hurt her intentionally."

I turned to see Elijah with his arms open. I walked into them.

"I am just worried, Luna, is so innocent and new to this world. I don't want her to have his enemies or get hurt by them. She has enough enemies of her own."

Elijah opened the car door for me, and I went in.

"Hayley, I understand your concerns, but there is no way he would let anyone, not even himself, harm her."

Elijah was now in the car with his seatbelt on.

I nodded, deciding that I needed to talk Luna out of this mess before she ended up exactly where I was. I had one hand on my stomach and the other in Elijah's hand.

We drove to the compound, just like that.

.............................................................

Luna Pov

.............................................................

We took our time going to the compound. I am sure that Klaus did this on purpose. I didn't mind though I was enjoying myself.

While he walked and carried me, he told me many stories; about his first and only love. That one hadn't been my favorite. How he had begun to paint, who he killed and why. All the times he daggered his siblings. All the times that Mikeal beat him bloody, his first transformation. The first time he saw his real father. The time he killed his parents. The time Elijah almost killed him. The time he tried to create an army of hybrids. And the time he met my sister, Hayley.

"You know, one day, you'll have to teach me," I looked up at Klaus as I said this.

"Teach you to what love?"I smiled into his chest.

"To paint, of course, you are amazing at it so, I thought that you would be an amazing teacher."