𝟏𝟏.

Damon Pov

.............................................................

I sighed, I had texted and called Elijah, and I hadn't got an answer. I guessed he was ignoring me... since I tried to kill his brother and break up his family. I came to New Orleans because, in truth, I had nowhere else to go.

I was hoping since I was frienemies with Elijah that he would take me in.

Stefan and Elena were together, yay for them. It seemed like everybody didn't want me brooding around anymore, so I left.

Drove off without looking back.

I was so depressed that I almost considered paying another fellow vamp to just, end my suffering once and for all. I didn't think that Elena or Stefan would care all that much. They were too wrapped up in themselves to notice anything else besides each other.

I felt like no one would notice or care if I died. Caroline and Bonnie might mourn my death, but they would move on.

I felt eyes on me, and I turned to see Elijah, he was in his usual suit. He didn't seem to be in a good mood. I offered him the extra shake I ordered. He took it and sat down.

Seeing him in his usual crisp and elegant suit attire made me feel like a bum.

"Make this quick, Damon, I have other important things to do."

I sighed and told him everything that happened to me, the whole Stefan Elena situation, and how I felt about it. Elijah was, of course, smirking.

Well, at least one of us was getting some form of enjoyment out of this.

"Do you have any idea what my brother will do to you if you walk threw the doors to the compound?"

I shrugged, "He would probably kill me, but he might refrain from doing so because I have information for him."

Elijah finished the milkshake and put it down. He folded his arms unhappily.

"Why don't you tell me this information?"

I shook my head and paid the bill and tipped the waitress.

"No can do suit boy. I need to speak with Klaus, face to face. I don't even know if it's true. There have been rumors going around."

I walked off in the direction of the compound according to my GPS app, hoping that Klaus would allow me to talk before he killed me, which wasn't likely.

Elijah was following closely behind me. The outside of the compound was very classy. It had New Orleans, as well as the Mikealsons, written all over it. I reached forward towards the door, but Elijah's hand stopped me.

"I wouldn't Damon. I think it would be best if you knocked."

I turned to look at him, "If this place is so bad, why don't you go in first? Since you seem to know how things work." Elijah simply looked at me and shrugged, then I realized that this was a challenge. I decided to accept it. Maybe doing this would earn his respect, though it wasn't likely.

I knocked on the front door of the compound. The door opened, and my eyes went wide. I was expecting some tall tatted buffy vampires, but in their place stood a cute girl.