𝟖𝟏.

.........................................................

Luna Pov

.........................................................

The night after I sent Eva to purgatory, after finding out about Abbraxas' pictures of me, and Dahlia's knowledge of my whereabouts I went to sleep. I must say it was one of the best nights of sleep I had ever had. When I awoke, I did so peacefully. My only discomforts where the bruises around my neck from Finn's hands. The marks along my ribs from his curled fists, the big bruise on my back from him pushing me against the wall. They were healing as expected but it only felt like it was taking forever because of the sharp pain I would get every time I breathed or moved. My inside was doing better than my outside. I've never thought that before and I was glad to think those words. To me it was more important that my inside feeling good rather than my outside feeling good. I couldn't break on the outside. The inside breaking is what scared me. I had built a dam of sorts. Instead of water the dam held the emotions I kept buried down deep inside of me. For instance some of them would be; my feelings of pain I'd rather forget and not relive at the witches place, the memories of the people the witches forced me to kill hearing their screams as they died by my hand, my feelings for Klaus that only seem to strengthen day by day and night by night. Each day little things would be thrown into the dam. At some point I knew I was going to have to let some of the pressure out. But I had to be careful. I had to ease into it. If one thing went wrong two long years of hard work would be gone. I didn't want the dam to break because if it broke then I would break too. I was teetering so closely over the edge that at the slightest gust or push I would fall. I hated that my emotions and feelings had so much power and control over what I did and didn't do. In a way I still felt trapped. Although this time it wasn't the witches putting me in a cell or a spell circle, it was me. The other times I had the best nights of sleep were when I was with Klaus. My best nights of sleep being with him because it was so comforting, warm and I would always wake up well rested. I rarely had a nightmare or bad dream sleeping with him but even if I did I would wake up and feel better because he was next to me and I was not alone. He would wake up with me and be there for me to cling and hold onto like my life depended on it. He would say the words it's okay and I would believe him, not one doubt in my mind. I trusted him.......trusted him with everything in me. If Klaus said the words it's okay and the world was burning down all around us even then, I would still not only believe him, but believe in him. I always felt better with him beside me. The truth was it did not matter where I was going or what I was doing, as long as he was with me I felt stronger, and just overall better. Every time he was near me, every conversation no matter how short or long, every look I felt like he was healing me. Reversing what the witches had done and he didn't even know how much he was helping me. I wish I could tell him. About how I felt. It hurt.........hurt my soul to not just break down and tell him. He knew everything about me. What I liked, what I disliked. What I hated, what I loved. My fears of abandonment, my fears of great heights, my fears of being drug back down to the witches place, my fears of losing everything and everyone close to me. I knew everything there was to know about him. His past love Aurora, a cruel woman who did not love him in return. I had never met this Aurora but if I ever did I would have slapped her. For not only hurting Klaus but damn what a great opportunity she missed out on. Klaus is a good man, the best one I know and he probably would have done anything and everything for her and she just threw if all away with her greed. Some people just didn't appreciate what they have but that's okay. Aurora might be gone but I am here. The time I spent with him was precious to me, no matter how short or long that time may be. I will let him know how much I cherish him. How important he is and not just to me. I knew of his enemies, we even unsurprisingly have a few in common. I knew what he liked and didn't like. I knew his fears. Klaus fears that no one loves, cares, or trusts him because of what and who he is. I remember when he told me there was this look on his face that I could only describe as vulnerability...................