𝟒𝟑.

Rebekah Pov

............................................................

I cried, hugging Hayley, who was sobbing loudly. This has been going on for two and a half days. No one has eaten anything everything seemed frozen in time. Klaus was on the floor with his head in his hands, shaking violently.

Elijah was on the other side of Hayley looking distraught. Marcel had his head in his hands. I tried to tell myself over and over again. That this was all just a dream. Another part of me knew this was real, Luna was gone.

My best friend was gone.

How were we supposed to tell everyone?

I couldn't even think about telling Kol they were so close. Where was he anyway, and where was Davina?

I looked around the room and closed my eyes again, and put my head on Hayley's shoulder. How were we ever going to get over this? I don't even think Klaus could make it without Luna. Without Luna, he would be a lost cause.

I sat up and removed Hayley from me, and she clung to Elijah like she was clinging to life. I heard footsteps and a heartbeat. Klaus lifted his head up from his arms. Not hiding his pale tear stricken face. I looked at Marcel, who was looking worriedly at the door.

It opened relieving Luna, but this one had a beating heart and air in her lungs. Her green/gray eyes widened as she took everything in the room. I didn't blame her.

The next thing I knew, Klaus had his arms wrapped around Luna. He was still shaky.

He whispered something in her ear, and she nodded, and he left.

Hayley ran to Luna, who opened her arms. "You we-weren't breathing. You were co-cold will you plea-please stop trying to die. Because if you die, then I die too," wept Hayley, through hiccups and freshly shred tears.

"Hayley, calm down. I am breathing, and I'm not trying to die. It was my mom. We talked a lot..."

"I beg your pardon?" Elijah interjected, looking just as confused as the rest of us.

"My mother is the one who put me in that deep sleep. We had a long talk. It was nice seeing her again. I only ever see her when I am hurt or when something bad is about to happen. It felt like I only talked to her for an hour, maybe an hour and a half."

Hayley pulled away and kissed Luna on the cheek, and went to go upstairs. She called out 'good night' to everyone. Elijah followed after her but promised he would be back.

"Isn't she going to bed a little early?"

Marcel shook his head. "Well, it is three in the morning, and Hayley hasn't slept since Wednesday. And today is Friday, so...."

Luna shook her head, looking confused, "No, today is Wednesday."

I grabbed Luna's hands, shaking my head, "No, today is Friday. You've been dead for two, almost three days."

Luna blinked, "Two days, I've been dead for two days. How it only felt like an hour?" I walked over to her and put my arms around her.

Luna started crying, and Marcel came over and put his hand on her back, comforting her. Elijah came in with concern written all over his face.

"Luna, why are you crying?" Asked Elijah, who was kneeling in front of her.

Luna looked up at all of us and wiped her eyes.