𝟓𝟔.

Luna Pov

.............................................................

I tossed and turned, I couldn't get comfortable. There was just this feeling. The feeling that someone was watching me.

After hearing the floorboards shift, my eyes flew open. I wasn't alone.

Something told me it wasn't Rebekah, Cami, or Damon in the room with me.

The room was mostly dark, but I could tell that it was still around morning because I could see the light going through the curtains. I frowned, noticing that I wasn't in my room. Probably Damon's and Cami's.

I wiped my eyes and stopped, noticing they were sore and puffy. I must have been crying in my sleep again. Nothing new.

I stood up and stretched, yawning as I did. I started to dismiss the feeling. Trying to rationalize with myself that I was just being paranoid.

I began walking to the door. I froze in fear, feeling breathing on the back of my neck.

"Don't move," A voice hissed, and I held my breath.

"Who are you?" I asked tentatively, my whole body shaking in fear.

"I am Mikael, father of the originals. I am the vampire who hunts vampires, and I've just recently awoken from the dead."

I bit my lip, trying not to scream, he was surely going to kill me or torture and then kill me.

"Are you here to kill me?" I asked, not really wanting to know the answer.

"No, not exactly. You see, I require your assistance. My wife, Esther, as you know, was able to bring me back. But she cannot bring herself back, that is where you come in."

"What if I'm not strong enough?"

The man called Mikael laughed, and I shivered. It sounded like Finn's laugh. I still had nightmares about him. Sometimes I wondered if his ghost haunted me, I wouldn't be surprised. I am sure that it's happened somewhere before.

"Don't lie to me. Silly girl, I already know that you brought Davina back, surely you could bring Ester back. Besides, I would just like to have a few words with her..."

I swallowed, my throat suddenly feeling tight and dry.

"How do you-" He covered my mouth with his hand, and I was filled with dread. Footsteps walked past the door, and I prayed that someone would open it, but no one did.

"How do you know about Davina?" I asked again. His hand now off my mouth.

"Because I have her. You know she is quite a powerful witch, but I am stronger."

"Did you hurt her?" I asked, worried for my friend's sake. Mikeal turned away from me, his hands behind his back.

"No."

He paused carefully, and the way he spoke reminded me of Elijah. But the Elijah I knew wasn't cold and calculating. "But if you don't come with me, she will be."

I closed my eyes tightly and sighed. There was no other choice.

"Alright, I'll go. I have to get some things together, and I have to come up with a cover story."

Mikael sighed and turned around. "Silly girl, we do not have the luxury of time! We leave now!"

I stood tall, not wanting him to think I was intimidated even though I wanted to curl up into a little ball on the floor. I couldn't believe Klaus had to deal with him all of his life.

"Look, I will bring back Esther so the two of you can talk and whatever happens after. I don't care, but you will let Davina and I go. I have some things I need to pack like grimoires and clothes, I can't just walk off and leave. But you will not talk to me like I am below you. You came here asking for my help, show a little respect."

Mikael frowned, and I could see his hands trembling, he put them in the pockets of his hoodie. He sighed heavily. "Fine, you may have some time to figure this out. Don't be mistaken, Luna, if you tell anyone of this Davina, will be dead, and then I will kill everyone you care about which happens to be my family. And as you have probably heard, I have no problem doing that."

I frowned and folded my arms, "How do I find you?" I asked, through gritted teeth.

Mikeal opened up the window and turned to me scoffing, "Aren't you a wolf? Use your nose to track me."

He took his hoodie off and threw it at me, I bent down and picked it up. When I looked up he was gone. I closed the door to Damon and Cami's room, and I went into my room.

I pulled out a drawstring bag and put some pairs of jeans, some shirts, both long sleeves and not. I put one of my hoodies in there. I put a light jacket in there it was around fall, so I would imagine that it would be chilly some nights. I went to my jewelry box and grabbed the necklace Davina had gotten me, and I put it on my neck. I grabbed $500 (which I earned for working at a small ice cream shop on the far edge of town) if I needed to buy some things. I decided to write a note. Explaining that I had gone to change into my wolf form because I just needed to.

I decided against waking someone up because then one of them would come with me, and then that would just be an ugly fight. I went back to my room and stripped out of my clothes sticking them in my bag as pajamas they weren't really that dirty anyway. I wrapped myself in a thin robe and put the drawstring bag around my shoulders. I almost cried for joy when I made it outside undetected, maybe everyone was asleep. I decided to go to the old barn we never used, feeling it was a little more private. I took the bag off and set it in front of me. I put Mikeal's hoodie on top of the bag, hoping my wolf self would be smart enough to put one and two together.

I closed my eyes and took off the robe shivering slightly from the chill of the air. I thought about my wolf self. What it felt like; the pain, but also the exhilarating feeling of being free, the power I held.

I winced, feeling my bones break. Luckily I didn't scream, I had to catch myself when my spine broke. That was the worst part besides the teeth. I had to constantly remind myself that Davina was in trouble, serious trouble. I had to be able to pull this off. The sensation was strangely pleasant after it was all done because I felt free....