𝟕𝟏.

Luna Pov

.........................................................

"So how are you doing?"

I tilted my head at Jake taking a deep breath in, and then out. Hayley had left me in here with him. To talk to him. So that I could make sure that this marriage is not what I wanted. Klaus had objected saying that I needed to rest. Elijah agreed along with Kol. But Hayley and Jackson persisted. So I was here. In my room. With my leg propped up, and Jake sitting at the end of my bed.

"Just fine. I have a hole in my leg. My sister is trying to get me married off. But other than that I am doing just fine Jake thanks for asking." I replied and he stood up. Shaking his head as he did.

"Dude, what is your problem? Why all the attitude?"

"Oh, so it's dude now. You didn't even say 'hi' to me." I said scoffing. Trying to push the anger down, it wasn't working. I was in pain, and I didn't feel good at the moment.

"My problem is that my own sister wants me to marry you for the pack's benefit. For power. So that the pack can grow. I have a problem with that. If I ever get married it will be because of love, and not for someone else's benefit."

Jake kneeled down by my bedside, looking down at the floor before looking back up at me.

"But see the beautiful thing about this is you can grow to love me. This marriage, us being tied together to save lives. Maybe even your own."

I pulled myself up into a sitting position. Ignoring the burning pain that had jumped up to my back.

"Jake you know that I have feelings for you," I said speaking slowly trying to calm myself. I just couldn't understand why no one was taking my side. Well aside from Klaus, Elijah, and Kol. Was it too much to ask to live my life the way I wanted to live it?

"But they are purely platonic," I said causing Jake to shake his head, and stand up. "Feelings can grow."

I put my head in my hands, sighing. "Jake please don't do this." I really didn't want to fight with him.

"Do what, Luna? Try to keep you safe, from harm!"

"I can take care of myself!" I yelled back angry that he had started yelling at me. He had never once yelled at me before. But things were different now. Everything was different.

He looked me up and down, stopping at my propped-up leg. "Yeah well, you're doing a damn good job at that."

"Jake this conversation is over," I said and he sat back down at the end of my bed. Shaking his head. "No, it's not. Not until I convince you."

"Convince me to what marry you! Jake, I can't. I can't do this. I am not going to be controlled, by you, Hayley, Jackson, or anyone else."

"We aren't trying to control you we are trying to save lives." He said though I could tell by the rate that his chest was moving up and down he was getting angry.

"What about my life, Jake? What about the things I want to do? The places I want to travel to. Jake laughed the sound startled me. This was no laughing matter.

"Luna what about your life? What do you want to do, where do you wanna go? I'll take you there. Anywhere you go I will follow."I closed my eyes breathing in and out of my mouth slowly. Breathing through the pain and through the anger.

"I don't know what I want to do Jake. I know that I don't want to marry you. I'm sorry if that hurts you but I don't. You are my friend, I care about you, and I love you but not in the way you are thinking."