𝟓𝟕.

Davina Pov

.............................................................

I closed my eyes and leaned against the tree that I was chained to. I was thinking about Luna, and if she would come or not.

I wouldn't blame her if she didn't. She's been through enough.

Though I was selfishly hoping she would, I missed talking to my best friend. Leaving the compound had been hard. Kol called me up at my family's cabin every day. In the morning, at lunch, during dinner, and before I went to sleep. I had to constantly keep a charging cord nearby. Talking on the phone was nice, I just wanted him to be next to me, all of them.

Mikael had been quieter than usual. Normally, he would talk about how much he despised his family, including Esther, his wife. He had started to tell me about his sister-in-law Dahlia. She was a very powerful witch, and he had said that he never liked her. For some reason, he believed that Dahlia cursed him to be the evil that he is to his children today. He had told me he needed to speak of Esther to confirm his suspicions. I didn't know why he cared, I had asked him this much, but he didn't answer.

If he wasn't so evil, I might have felt sorry for him.

I looked up startled... Mikael had stood up, at his full height wooden staff in his hand. It was nighttime, the stars were out, and so was the moon. The only sources of light were the bright fire dancing inside a circle of carefully placed rocks and the light of the moon. I tensed, hearing what sounded like footsteps. I couldn't be sure though.

A low growl could be heard coming from the tree line.

I sighed in relief, noticing the silver fur paired with the light gold eyes. Luna had come.

I couldn't stop myself from being a little surprised. She had changed, she was bigger. Somehow the silver of her fur lightened, it wasn't so dark now. The moonlight only seemed to make her appear more mysterious. I couldn't help but be fascinated. I had this theory that a wolf's coat represented their personality or something of the sort. I wondered what Klaus' was... Something that would coincide with Luna's because they worked so well together. They did everything so well together.

I smiled, noticing Mikael take a few steps back as Luna continued forward, I could see his eyes widen. He was either shocked or disgusted, probably both. In her wolf form, even though Mikeal was tall she towered over him.

Luna then looked at me and bowed her head, I guess this was her way of acknowledging me. I bent my head down.

I didn't notice it before, but she had a bag in her mouth. She set it by a rock, not too far from the fire. I now felt stupid.

I noticed that she had something else in her mouth, a gray thing, almost the exact color gray of the hoodie that Mikeal had been wearing earlier this morning. Luna trotted towards Mikeal, who backed upholding the wooden staff between her and him.

"I'm warning you beast, if you try anything, I'll end your pathetic-"

Before Mikeal could finish his sentence. Luna had lunged forward taking the staff into her mouth and snapping it in two. She growled at Mikeal and opened her mouth, dropping the balled-up gray hoodie.

Mikeal made no move to show appreciation towards the gesture. How rude! I thought, glaring at him. This man had so many communication problems...

Noticing this Luna, turned and smacked Mikeal in the face with her tail. He shouted profanities at her as she trotted away, towards me.

Was it bad, that I liked my best friend in her wolf form?

She put her overly-large head on my chest. As I looked into her eyes I swear I could see reassurance.....I was going to be okay.....

After a while, Luna curled up in a ball on the forest ground. Before doing this, she took a blanket from her bag and threw it over herself, I guess in case she switched back so she would have at least some coverage. Luna's breathing started to slow down, and I found myself finally comfortable.....

So with that comforting thought in my head, I fell into a deep sleep despite my uncomfortable position and being chained to a tree.

.............................................................

Luna Pov

.............................................................

I sat up and groaned, I was cold, and my body was stiff from staying in one position all night.

I looked around and noticed thankfully that the blanket was still wrapped around me. I glanced up Davina was asleep, her head hanging to the side. After I got dressed, I was going to have to talk to Mikael about sleeping arrangements for Davina. She couldn't sleep chained against a tree. Did this man have no mercy or consideration for anyone?

I stood up carefully, wrapping the blanket around me. I grabbed my bag from the fire and ignored a sleeping Mikael, 5 feet away from my bag. I walked off away from the makeshift camp, looking for abandoned houses or buildings. I gave up looking after twenty minutes. I put on my underclothes first, using the blanket to hide under.

After those were on I put the blanket between two trees like a curtain.

I looked in my bag and pulled out a pair of jeans, combat boots, and a thin long-sleeved dark blue shirt. I put it on as fast as I could fearing that someone would come my way. 

After getting dressed, I walked back to Mikael's makeshift camp.

Davina was still sound asleep, but he was gone. I frowned, I had set my grimoires to the side in a specific spot, and they were now gone too.

This was no coincidence.

I felt some wind behind me. I turned to find Mikael with my grimoires in his hands. "You are a bad liar, you know that," I said glaring at him. Mikeal scoffed.

"Oh, please, I was just making sure you weren't going to kill me." He handed them back to me with a small smile on his face.

I wanted to know what was so amusing, but I bit the inside of my cheek.

I rolled my eyes and took them back. I started looking through the grimoires, pretending that I couldn't just create a spell to do whatever I wanted.

Mikael sat across from me his arms folded, watching me carefully. I sighed this was going to be a long day...

One thing was for sure...I had to get Davina out....but how?