𝟔𝟓.

Cami Pov

............................................................

"What are we going to do? I mean, we can't just sit around in here forever?" Marcel asked, looking around the room, effectively breaking the dismal silence that had fallen over our group like a never lifting fog.

The boys', Kol, and Damon's Taylor Swift singing session didn't last long. Hayley quickly got annoyed. A natural and viable response due to being on edge. It wasn't that Hayley was a raving bitch, but most people didn't appreciate comedy when they were facing a crisis.

Trust and believe me when I say Kol and Damon singing Taylor Swift songs was pure comedy.

I squeezed Damon's hand. Seconds later, he squeezed back gently, rubbing soothing circles on the back of my hand, comforting me.

All of this silence only alluded to more tension. All of the silence made me tense, and Damon knew that. It's why he was comforting me now.

"Yes, we can, and we will," Hayley said, looking as tired and stressed out as ever.

"Hayley, what are we supposed to do if they come in?" Asked Stefan, who was standing next to Damon and me. He was definitely different from his older brother, that was for sure. He didn't seem to have a problem with me, at least from what I could tell.

"If it comes down to it, then we fight." She said, looking down at Elijah and then back at the locker door.

"Yeah, but why don't we go to them first? When they aren't expecting it," Josh said, and I had to admit I liked that idea better than sitting around, but Hayley was right.

Elijah was here in a comatose state. He couldn't defend himself like we could.

Plus, we were most likely, outnumbered. Even if we did manage to 'surprise them,' we still wouldn't have the upper hand.

"Hayley is right. We need to wait here until Klaus and Luna come back," Damon commented back to Josh.

He then looked down at me, and I nodded, showing him that I fully agreed with him.

"We should set a time limit," said Kol, speaking for the first time since he had stopped singing. Davina was beside him. Her brow furrowed, worried and confused.

I was sure that my own facial expression mirrored hers.

"A time limit for what?" Josh asked, laughing a little nervously in the beginning.

"So, if they don't come, back then we go out and look for them, great idea Kol," Hayley said, her shoulders sinking and her voice grave.

"What time should we pick?" Asked Stefan, looking at everyone in the room.

"Midnight," I said, speaking up since no one else had said anything. I couldn't help myself. It was too quiet for my liking.

Hayley nodded and got up to go stand by the window. I looked down at my phone. It was lunchtime, 12:20. I hoped they were going to make it before the deadline, both in one piece.

.............................................................

Luna Pov

.............................................................