𝟐𝟑.

Damon Pov

.............................................................

I smiled as I walked out of the grocery store. Ever since I had become a part of the Mikaelson family, I had felt good.

I wasn't depressed over Stefan and Elena anymore. I did occasionally worry about Caroline and Bonnie, but then again, they were pretty tough so I knew they could handle themselves.

I had all that I wanted and needed.

Cami and her therapeutic talks helped too. I had never been so happy...thanks to Cami, Luna, and the Mikaelsons...

Elijah sent me out to get some more ice cream and bourbon. Too odd things to grab. We had run out, and no one else wanted to go so I volunteered.

No one was really, worried about the whole Papa Tunde situation, well because he was dead.......again. Hopefully for good because there was enough drama and tension between us, and the witches.

If it was one thing me and Klaus agreed on, was that witches were more often than not... a pain in the ass.

"Damon, brother, it's been a while."

I looked up to see my brother Stefan who was leaning up against my car.

I frowned and tensed up, and sat the groceries on the back seat. He shouldn't be here.

"Stefan, whatever it is, you have to say to me don't. Nothing you can say will make me come back. You and Elena can have a happy ending, just please spare me the details and leave me out of it."

Stefan said nothing, but he smiled and poked out his chest. He was wearing a button-down shirt that was buttoned down too far. His hair had grown longer and he had poofed up his hair in the front. He must think he is Edward Cullen from twilight, I should have never shown him the books or the movies. It wasn't my fault, Caroline started it.

"Damon, come back home, this is ridiculous. Look, I get it. You are jealous of me, and Elena, but I can share her."

I stared at him in bewilderment. Has my brother truly lost his mind? That thought ran, threw my head as he pulled out a cigarette and lighter. Since when did he smoke?

He seemed like a completely different person. As if someone was wearing his face as a mask. I would believe that before I believed this was my brother standing before me.

"Yeah, I am good. I don't need you or Elena or Bonnie or Caroline. I have everything I want here. I have a new family who appreciates me, one who cares."

Stefan took a drag and blew the smoke in my face but didn't flinch from the putrid smell.

"Uh-huh, so you are a Mikaelson now."

I gave him no response, and Stefan just laughed like a madman.

"Yes, I am a Mikaelson now, so I would get out of the way if I were you. I don't know who you are, not anymore. The only brothers I know are Elijah, Kol, Finn, and Klaus. Oh, and I have one sister Rebekah."

Stefan dropped the cigarette and stomped on it. He then turned to growl at me. I shook my head, "You are out of your mind, whoever you are."

Stefan snarled, and then tackled me. I guess playing football had paid off.

He was stronger than before, telling me that he had quit his bunny diet and was back to drinking human blood.

"Listen, brother, you can either come join me, and Elena or you can die," Stefan said, leaning down close to my face. I pushed him off me and up against the wall to an ally.

"We may share the same blood and be brothers, but that doesn't mean you get to control me. I was just someone that you could manipulate for the past couple of years... I don't want Elena she is all yours, Kathrine, too. What I want is to never talk to you again. Like I said before I have a real family I have to get back to."

I let go of him and started walking back to my car with clenched fists, I was angry.

"They aren't even blood-related to us, they are not family, only me and Elena. Come, home brother. It is for the best. I don't want to see you hurt."

"Listen, Stefan, a family doesn't have to be blood-related, it can be so much more. I can't do this anymore Stefan. I am not coming home because I already have one."

I was now in the driver's seat of the car with the groceries in the passenger seat.

"Ohh, and Stefan," Stefan glared but said nothing.

I smiled, "there is no us." As soon as I did that I sped off the tires squealing on the pavement.

I looked back in my rear-view mirror Stefan was standing back there with an expression on his face that was only pure fury.

I laughed and called Elijah to tell him why I was so late.