Chauffeur ~ Chapter 4

Justin P.O.V

I am so excited to finally announce my new single with Ryan Seacrest. It's been three years since I have released anything official, and as much as I am excited, I am also nervous as shit. This is not just a single, this is my comeback we are talking about, and not enough promotion or sells means I'm going down the drain, along with my career.

It was eight in the morning in LA and I was just driving around. Well actually, Jason was the one driving around because we arrived way too early. Normally it would have taken my old driver an hour or so to get to the radio station.

Jason is way too good of a driver.

"Did you have breakfast?" I looked over at him to see him glancing at me sideways. I shook my head and frowned.

"I was rushing because I thought we were going to be late," I said looking straight ahead. Now that he mentioned food, my stomach growled loudly. He just chuckled and nodded. 

Shortly after, we parked outside of iHop and my heart fluttered. Oh, my God, I haven't had iHop in forever, and right about now, I think I love this guy. We got out of the car and I put my snap-back further down trying to cover more of my face, in hopes of not recognized so early in the morning. Sure, there will be pictures of me later on, but that's better than getting mobbed when all I want is some pancakes.

We went into the restaurant and took a table in the back. Almost instantly a woman that seemed to be in her early sixty's came towards our table making me thank God it wasn't a teenage girl. She smiled sweetly at us and asked for our orders.

"I'll have four vanilla pancakes with honey, whip cream, and chopped strawberries... Oh, and syrup as well. Um... and a coffee with extra cream and sugar. Thank you," I said smiling at her as I finished placing my order. She wrote it down and turned to Jason.

"I'll just have a black coffee with no sugar nor cream. Thanks," she nodded and left. I turned to Jason and looked at him confused.

"Why didn't you order breakfast?"

"Because I don't eat breakfast, I just drink coffee in the morning," he explained. I nodded in understanding and looked away.

"So, have Natalie called you?" I asked curiously. He looked at me like I lost an ear or grew another head.

"Don't ask about that little devil, please. The morning is too peaceful to ruin it with that name," he said shaking his head, "I really don't think we are related. I think she is adopted and I'll have to look into that," he said sounding seriously hopeful. I chuckled and reached across the table to slap his arm playfully.

"You're so mean," he just shrugged as the lady came over to our table with my plate and Jason's coffee, along with mine. I rubbed my hands together happily and dug in as soon as it was placed in front of me.

The pancakes were so fluffy, and tasty, and oh God, I need to learn how to make these. As I reached my third pancake, Jason chuckled, "You look like you have never seen food before"

I swallowed what I had in my mouth and looked at him, "well, I have actually but it has been a while since I had the pleasure of eating this goodness," I said as I finished my last pancake, ending too soon for my own liking. Jason chuckled lightly before sipping on his coffee. 

After finishing my food, I grabbed my cup of coffee and took a sip. Hmm, this is actually really good, and sugary. I love sugar, to a minimum, but I love it nonetheless.

I looked up at Jason and he was looking at me with a look of interest. I arched a brow at him in a questioning manner, making him shake his head in dismissal.