The past

"Do you know Hassan and Aaniya ??" She asked .

"No" he said, still playing with it .

"Concentrate Niel" she said .

"Yes I am " he said , she Snatched it from him and kept aside getting down from the stool she took her iPad from the tea table and came near sitting next to him this time.

Opening it she showed him their 32 pal's group photo they took in pre school.

"I guess you won't be able to describe them now " she said, seeing them so small , soo little. She smiled looking at them .

"Is that you ??" He asked, pointing at the picture.

"Yea" she said , smiling ." I was soo skinny " she said crunching her nose.

"You're skinny now too, put on some " he said .

" Ahh, easy for you to say " she said ..

"Who's he ???" He pointed to one of the guys .

"That's Noah ... The nerdy majestic one , let me tell you one by one ... This is Noah smart one, Henry flirty but with a soft heart, ishaan artistic nerd, Adam the sporty guy , this is Arun silent killer, Edan chef , this is Meera , Saanvi, inaya , tamia the social media queens . This is Rui, Aaniya my closest best friend from babysitting. Jay, Hassan, Rohan , Zahir, Avyaan , aarav, rayaan, ekansh, Ayaan, Arnav, shaan, leo, James, Oliver , Dave , samar , Aahaan. And the two in between are ........ Aryan and ..... Hyam " she said , softly looking at the last person, Xavier looked at how her voice and eye colour changed when she saw Hayam .

"Who's he ?" He asked , looking at her .

" Someone who disappeared " she said lost seeing him .

" You liked him ??" He asked , carefully analysing her actions, she came from her zone and looked at Xavier...

"Let me show you the recent pictures you'll recognise them Alright... This ??? Have you seen both of these ?? This is Hassan and This is Aaniya " she said , looking at him.

He understood that she doesn't want to talk but there is something between them that's for sure He looked at the picture and analysed it for a long time.

"I know her, she's always with you ... But this guy ??? I might have seen him somewhere" he said .

"Niel, somewhere?? He's my friend. You have seen him in our group itself" she said .

"How many of you are there ??" He asked .

"30" she said , happily.

"But you showed me 32 in the before picture right ?? Where are the two ???"

" One left in the middle for getting transferred from his dad , And one disappeared nobody knows where he went " she said .

"You guys didn't try to find ?? What about his parents ??" He asked .

"He disappeared without saying just us, but we got to know that he left the college then the country with his parents and all.. he said his goodbyes to everyone just us " she said with sadness lingering in her voice .

"Was he close to you ???" He asked .

" Me and him were the middle person of both our groups " she said smiling remembering the days.

"Two groups ??" He asked .

"Yea, The 14 Nerd Herd and The 18 Pals ... I belonged to the nerd herd , though we were nerds but were more of an action group we liked being first in everything sports, cultural program, activities everything, every time. On the other side was the 18 pals the crazy backbenchers though we were also backbenchers with smart brains . they were the richest bad brats of the school ..... bullies , doesn't fear of anyone, not even the teacher's principal or anyone but something happened which made him disappear from between us like he never existed before. Though Aryan and He were best friends from childhood but Aryan doesn't know anything too , when he was gone the nerd and the pals decided to collaborate and become 30 pals " she said , smiling .