64.

———————————————
🦋COMMENT + VOTE🦋
⚠️This could be a long episode! Quite frankly because it's over a year and this story should have BEEN  completed😂⚠️
———————————————

5:30p - Ruby's house - Labor Day weekend

I rushed back home and the public defender was in the living room with Derek and Miss Ruby prepared to discuss Derek's trial.

"Hey baby." Derek said greeting me with a kiss.

"Hey. Hey Miss Ruby."

"Hey honey."

"Where's Destiny?" I asked sitting beside Derek on the couch.

"I put her down for a nap 30min ago, she was cranky."

"Oh, so fill me in, what's going on?" I asked curiously.

"They let me know that Derek would be going to trial, and I was fuming because why should he face trial for something he didn't do? When Derek and I had a moment alone, I made it clear how I felt and left it at that. I also mentioned running into Lance and Cassandra, which struck me as odd.

"Wait, they're here? In Atlanta?" Derek asked, confused, as he took off his shirt to shower.

"Mhmm. In the flesh, babe. I could've sworn I saw Kris and Cassandra together at the rally, but she was adamant that they weren't there. But I'm not naïve."

"Look, I don't know. I've never seen Cassandra around Kris, and we were together for a while. I wouldn't worry about it. I'm gonna go take a shower, you coming? Grandma left to play bingo, so we've got the house to ourselves for a couple of hours," he said, kissing me.

"Okay, yeah, we do, but we also have a sleeping baby, and I'm still limping from earlier."

(sleeping Destiny)

"Mm-cht" He smacked his teeth

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

"Mm-cht" He smacked his teeth. "The baby is sound asleep in her crib, and daddy needs mama," Derek said, picking me up and carrying me over his shoulder to the bathroom.

"Babe! No, you're gonna murder me with that monster!" I said, quietly screaming and laughing.

"Shhh! You're gonna wake up the baby. Show daddy the moves you did in rehearsal today."

I just smiled at his crazy sense of humor. "You are so corny."

The next day

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

The next day...

"Babe, you ready for your performance tonight?"

"I'm so nervous! I haven't performed since the rollerskating event, and no matter how much I rehearse, I still feel like it's not enough," she said, packing a change of clothes in her bag.

She glanced at Destiny, who was playing in my lap. "Damnit, I need to pack Destiny's bag too! Thank goodness I already pumped."

She was rushing around, not taking a moment to breathe. I stood up and stopped her as she returned from the kitchen.

"Alexandra," I said, holding Destiny, and as I hugged her, it felt like all the stress melted away in my arms.

She hugged me back, "Alexandra, you gotta relax. Don't be nervous, you're gonna kill it."

We released from our hug, "Thanks, baby. I really needed that." We shared a kiss, and the baby tugged on Alex's hair.

"Ow! Hey, you've got a strong grip, baby girl. Mama loves you," she cooed, kissing Destiny's forehead.

"Derek, are you coming tonight?" she asked, continuing to pack the baby's bag.

"I'm a try my best. I have to work tonight, but our little princess will be there to cheer you on."

Alexandra got a text. "What's up?" I asked.

"Nothing, Miss C wants to take the baby so I can focus on calming my nerves."

"Wow, she knows you almost as well as I do, huh?"

"Uhh yeah, it appears so."

"Since Carlotta is taking Destiny, how about we go out for a quick stroll."

"Ok, that sounds good."

We dropped the baby off and found our way to the shopping outlets. "Alex, two questions. One, how did we end up at the outlets for you to spend all of my money and two, how the hell you gonna walk in them pumps?" I asked.

"First of all they're stilettos, not pumps. I'm 20, not 12. Secondly, if my feet hurt, I have a big strong man that'll carry me on his back. Lastly, I'm not gonna spend ALL your money, just a tiny bit." She said motioning with her fingers to indicate a small amount.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever, let's hurry so you can do your damage quickly. You need to get ready for your show, and I need to work," I said.

30 minutes later, Alex was hungry, so we stopped at the outside food court. I glanced to my left and saw Kris and Cassandra eating with some buff black guy.

"The fuck?" I muttered.

"What's wrong?" Alex asked, concerned, turning to see where I was looking.

"See Derek, I told you! That bitch is a liar!   I knew I saw those two together at the protest, my eyes weren't playing tricks on me. I knew there was a reason I never trusted her." snapping a few pictures of them.

"I was going to confront them, but Alex stopped me. "Let's play it cool. They look like they're up to something, and we don't know that guy. He could have a weapon."

"I hear you Alex, but what if they're planning something crazy? We could stop them," I said.

"Let's be smart about this. If something bad happens, at least we'll know who was behind it. I have a feeling this has to do with Cassandra wanting to be with you," Alex said.

"Baby, what?" I asked, confused.

"Derek, I'm not stupid. From the minute I walked in your office that day and she was all up in your face, I knew she wanted you, even if she is married to Lance disgusting ass."

"Whoa, but you gotta believe I never looked at her like that."

"Please, I know you didn't when you have all of this waiting at home for you, but women are vindictive and will do anything to get what they want. Take me for example, I wanted you and did what I had to do to get you."

I scratched my head, "Uh, babe, no you didn't. We had sex a day after we met."

"Whatever Derek, you know what I mean."

"I know, let's get outta here before they see us." I said grabbing her hand and her many shopping bags in the other. I turned around one last time just to be sure they didn't see us.

———————————————
🦋COMMENT + VOTE🦋
Lonnnng awaited update, I know, I'm sorry! I never have a lot of time on my hands! I've missed Dalex! I heard they're coming back for a season 4. Can't wait! Hope it's not a lie🩷 I'll fix typos laterrrr🤘🏼
———————————————

SUGAजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें