25.

⭐️COMMENT + VOTE ⭐️

Later that evening...

I walked into my apartment, and there was Cassius, sitting at the dining room table with a bottle of vodka, looking incredibly pissed off.

"Cassius, what's going on?" I asked, concerned.

He remained silent. As I approached him, I noticed my phone on the table. I reached out to grab it, but he swiftly snatched it away.

"What the hell, Cassius?! Give me my phone!" I demanded.

"You've been talking to Derek and telling him about our child?" he finally spoke, his voice laced with anger.

"Derek and I are friends, Cassius. It's none of your concern," I replied, defending my connection with Derek.

"Friends? Huh?" He scoffed, gripping my phone tightly as if he had something to prove. He began reading the text messages out loud, and my heart raced.

"Suga, I miss not seeing you, kissing and touching you every day," he read one message.

"Lol, I miss you too, Derek," I had replied.

As he continued reading those messages, I felt a wave of relief that Derek hadn't mentioned anything about the baby. But Cassius wasn't done yet.

"Ima come visit you in New York, I got mad PTO. I'm making love to you every day and night," he read another message.

"LOL! Derek, we talked about this," I responded, nervously recalling the conversation.

"What? You don't remember what happened on New Year's?" Derek had asked.

"Of course, I do, but you know why you can't come here," I replied.

"Alexandra, I don't give a fuck about that clown living in YOUR house," he growled, taking another swig of vodka.

"So, what happened on New Year's?" Cassius demanded, his voice filled with anger.

I fell silent, feeling a sense of unease creeping over me.

"Did you fuck him?" Cassius shouted, banging the table.

I jumped in fear, my voice barely a whisper. "Y-yes," I admitted softly.

"I can't hear you!" he yelled, his rage intensifying.

"Yes! I did!" I said, a little louder this time.

"So, you're a liar and a cheat?" he accused, his voice seething with anger.

"Cassius, you knew what this was when you moved here. We agreed it wasn't a real relationship. We were just having sex, but we're not in love," I explained, my voice trembling.

"You're carrying my baby, but we're not in love?" he spat, his voice dripping with venom.

"MY BABY ISN'T YOURS!!" I blurted out, regretting the words as soon as they left my mouth.

"What the fuck did you just say?" he asked, his voice dangerous, rising from his chair.

"The baby isn't yours," I repeated, trying to remain calm.