35.

🌸COMMENT + VOTE🌸
(AN: I felt like changing the emoji🤷🏽‍♀️)

Derek POV
3 days later...3:45a

"Alex, baby, wake up," I whispered softly as I gently shook her. As I've mentioned before, messing with Alex while she's asleep is never a good idea, and now that she's pregnant, it's even more crucial to tread lightly.

"Derek, whaaaaaat?" she groaned, her eyes still closed.

"My car is here. I'll be heading back to New York the day after tomorrow. Grandma needs me," I explained, hoping she would understand.

Instantly, her eyes shot open, and she sat up, reaching out to hug me. She wrapped her legs around me as I stood up, carrying her in my arms.

"Babyyy, I'll be back the day after tomorrow? Grandma is struggling with those papers to make a decision. She just needs my support.

With her face nestled in the crook of my neck, her arms wrapped tightly around me, she said, "I know, but I don't want you to leave," she murmured, planting a kiss on my neck.

"I know, babe. Hey, why don't you call your mama and spend some time with her? It's been a while since you've seen her," I suggested, trying to offer an alternative.

"I don't want her, I want you," she replied, finally releasing her grip and standing on her own.

"I want you even more, but I have to go be there for Grandma. Baby, I promise I'll call you. I luhh you," I said, pouting my lips playfully.

"I love you too," she said, kissing me before I left.

🌸

ALEXANDRA

I took Derek's advice and called my mom. I stayed away from her because I just wanted a stress free pregnancy, but she was surprisingly being super supportive. We were out to dinner when Derek called me.

"Mom, I have to take this, excuse me."

As soon as I answered the phone, I could hear the despair in his voice.

Me: "Hey baby, everything alright?"
Derek❤️: he sighed. "It's done."
Me: "Derek, I'm so sorry. I wish I could be there with you. Do you need anything?"
Derek❤️: "Well, yes."
Me: "Anything, what is it?"
Derek❤️: "Baby, I need you here. I know we're at the end of the pregnancy and you're not supposed to travel-."
I cut him off.
Me: "Derek, stop. If you need me there, I'm there. I'll be there in a couple of hours. I'm taking the jet."
Derek❤️: "Thank you, I love you."
Me: "I love you too, I'll see you soon."

I got back to the table.

"Darling, is everything alright?" My mom asked.

"No, Miss Ruby pulled the plug on her boyfriend today and Derek needs me. I need to use the jet."

"Alexandra, you're about to give birth soon, you can't travel."

"Mom, I need you to do this. I don't ask you for anything, so please, just get the jet ready for me."

"It's done. I'll help you pack."

🌸

Atlanta, GA

I made it to Miss Ruby's place and I saw not a single soul there. Derek ended up giving me back my key, so I used it let myself in.

"Thank you so much for bringing my bags in." I gave the Uber driver a $50 tip and closed the door.

"Derek?! Are you here?!" I put my stuff in our old bedroom and decided to walk out back to see if they were out there. I looked over and saw people at Miss C's house so I went to the back.

"ALEXXXXXX!!!!" Star screamed practically jumping on me.

"Hey Star! Careful, my baby."

"Auntie Star is sorry baby." She said kissing my huge belly.

Pretty soon everybody was coming over yelling and screaming in excitement.

"I missed y'all too, but have y'all seen Derek?"

"He's inside with Miss Ruby, but be warned, she's a drunken mess."

"Oh no, how's Derek?"

"He seems fine, but it looks like it hurts him to see his grandma like that."

I ran inside Miss C 's house and Miss Ruby was sitting down yelling, while Derek and Miss C were trying to calm her down."

"I SHOULDN'T HAVE HAD TO DO THAT! WHY IS EVERYTHING HAPPENING TO ME?!"

I immediately ran to Miss Ruby's side bending down to her level, forcing her to look at me. Derek didn't even know I was here, and I knew he'd be upset that I didn't tell him I touched down, but I'd deal with that argument later, I had to take care of Miss Ruby first.

"Miss Ruby, this isn't your fault! You had no control over what happened to him. You were the greatest woman to him and did everything you possibly could."

She looked at me with heaps of tears in her eyes and fell into my arms.

"We was supposed to get married and now we can't!"

"It's ok Miss Ruby, I'm here for you."

As she hugged me, I looked at Derek and could tell he was aggravated with me, so I mouthed to him I'm sorry. He nodded and went out back with with the rest of the crew.

"Alex, I got it from here. Go see about Derek." Miss C said.

"It's ok Miss C, I wanna be here for her."

Miss Ruby grabbed both of my hands patting them. "Naw baby, I'll be ok, go see about my boy." She smiled.

"Ok, but I'll be right outside if you need anything."

I waddled out back and found Derek waiting for me on the porch. We both embraced each other tightly. It was a silent hug until I spoke.

"I'm sorry for not telling you I landed, but I just didn't wanna burden you."

"I don't even care about that baby, I'm just glad you're here. I love you so much."

We had a make out session and then Simone broke it up.

"Ok, you two, break it up and come join us."

🌸🌸🌸

AN: Sheesh! So many emotions ! Poor Bo, poor miss Ruby 🥲.

🌸COMMENT + VOTE🌸