56.

"Derek, the housing market is shit! We've been on the hunt for a place in Atlanta since I was pregnant, and nothing! We're moving next weekend, what are we gonna do?" Alex voiced her stress while cradling Destiny on her lap.

"Alexandra, with our income, there are plenty of places we could have chosen, but you didn't like any of them," I mentioned while boxing up the last of our kitchen items.

"I know, but I don't want our baby growing up in a rough area in Atlanta," she complained, gently running her fingers through Destiny's hair.

I moved closer and kissed her softly. "I understand, we'll find the right spot."

"I guess Destiny and I will have to squeeze into Miss C's wax room with Star and Simone. It's crazy how the public turned on them when Simone's drug habit was exposed. They were on top of their game, and it all ended so fast."

"Well babe, Simone is only 16. Seeing a teen abuse drugs and alcohol is wild. She shouldn't have been doin' that shit in public."

"Derek, don't judge her. She and Star have had it rough." Alex defended.

"We've all been through some shit, but I refuse to have my daughter around that. I want better for her. So, we'll just stay with grandma."

Alex smacked her teeth, "Fine, but Simone would never hurt Destiny. She didn't even know she was being recorded."

"Doesn't matter, she shouldn't have been doing that shit." Alex and I were at odds on this topic.

"Derek, I don't want to talk about this anymore," she shut her laptop, showing signs of irritation. Simone was a sensitive topic for her.

"You mad?"  I teased, sensing her mood.

"Nope. I'm gonna go put the baby down for a nap."

I gently pulled her close and kissed her deeply while Destiny dozed off on Alex's chest.

"What was that for?" She asked, a bit dazed.

"Just to make sure you really ain't mad at me. Now go put the baby down for her nap so I can slide up in you." I grinned.

She playfully rolled her eyes and walked away. "Ew, you're so corny."

"Yeah, I love to watch you walk sexy."

"Whatever Derek!" She quietly yelled, mindful not to wake their half sleep child.

I followed her into our bedroom so I could bother her some more. With the nursery packed, Destiny had been sleeping in her bassinet in our room.

Alex stood over her watching her sleep. "She so peaceful and she's finally starting to get a little color."

"I don't care what color she is, she'll always be beautiful like her mama

"I don't care what color she is, she'll always be beautiful like her mama." I said holding Alex and pecking her neck.

"You ain't slick Derek, you're not getting any, while she's sleeping, I'm going as well. Come lay with me."