8.

It's been 4 weeks since I've talked to Derek and I've been doing my best to avoid him. He's been texting me nonstop since we slept together and it's been so hard ignoring him.

4 weeks ago...

Derek: "I woke up and you were gone. I can't wait to see you again. That shouldn't be hard since we'll be living next door to each other. (8:00p)

(2 days later) Derek: Good morning Suga, where you been? I'm just seeing how you're doing and I can't wait to kiss, taste and hold you again. I'm on my way to work now. (7:30a)

Derek: Look, Alexandra, I'm just getting home from work and grams cooked. I know I sound thirsty, but I do miss you. (6:00p)

Flashback over.

"Miss C I don't know what program I want to take!" 

"Well, you've been accepted to all five you applied for, so just go based on what you feel is best for you." 

"Yeah, well, I'm going upstairs to see what Simone and Star are doing. Maybe they can help." 

I went upstairs and saw them really struggling to find a gig to showcase their talent. 

"Where are y'all looking to perform and do y'all have any material to sing?"

 "We were thinking about just doin' covers." Simone said. 

"Covers?" I replied. "No, if you wanna be discovered, you have to have your own sound. I have a song that I wrote and produced, y'all can use it."

 "A'ight Miss Boujie, let's hear it."

Who shot ya?
Who knocked ya?
Point 'em out, let 'em know I'm coming for 'em
Who said that?
What hoodrat?
Grab my coat, girl ima 'bout to clapback.
I can be a soldier, I can be a king
I can be your president, gangsta on the scene
I can be your hip hop bulletproof vest
I can be the tattoo bleeding on your chest...

"Alex this is HOT! We NEED you to be in this girl group with us." 

"No Star, I don't do that anymore. I want to do interior designing." 

"Ok, well, at least rehearse with us so we can make sure this is right."

 I looked at both of them and they did look desperate.

 "Ok, I'll help you rehearse and do ONE gig and that's it."

 "K, cool. I went to work with Cotton the other night and I met this guy and he said if we nail this performance, he'd sign on to be our manager."

"Star, you mean to tell me you're gonna be getting managerial advice for music, from a lick you found in the strip club?" 

"Cott said he's good and managers are always in the strip club after a long day of work."

 "Whatever, did you tell Miss C?"

 "Alex, no and whatever you do, please don't say anything." 

"Ohh! How the tables have turned." 

"Please Alexandra, it's the only shot me and Simone have." 

"Fine I won't say anything,  but you know she finds out everything."

"Can we go get somethin' to eat before we rehearse? I'm starving." Simone asked.

 We busted out laughing because Simone was always hungry from being high off weed.

The salon was closed today, but Miss C still made us do some work around here, while we waited for our Ubereats driver to bring our food

The salon was closed today, but Miss C still made us do some work around here, while we waited for our Ubereats driver to bring our food. We ordered pizza and wings and was tearing it up.

 "Alexandra, I can't believe your boujie ass ain't eating with a fork."

 "Hey Star?" I flipped her off. 

"Ouu! Touché." Miss C walked in with a look on her face like something was wrong.

 "What's up Miss C?" 

"I don't know Alex, you tell me?"

 "Huh?" "I just came back from Miss Ruby's house."

 I wiped my hands and slid back in my chair like I got caught.

Star and Simone both turned their heads towards me.

"So, Alex, is there anything you wanna tell me?" Miss C asked again. I leaned forward on the table, took a deep breath and confessed. 

"Fine, I slept with Derek." I twiddled my thumbs. 

"WHAT?!" Star screamed spitting out her water with a huge smile on her face.

"Uhoh." Simone said eating her chicken wing. 

"Look Miss C, it happened one time and it's never happening again, but how did you find out?"

 "I was over there talking to Ruby after church and she let it slip out. Derek told me he's been trying get in touch with you, but you're ignoring him."

 "Is Miss Ruby upset? I didn't know Derek lived with her until after we did it, she came banging on his door."

 "No, Ruby's always drunk. She don't know if she's comin' or goin', she let it slip out that she saw a pretty brown skin girl that lived with me, sneaking out of Derek's bedroom."

 I smiled lightly. "She said I was pretty? Really?"

 "Alex." Miss C said annoyed.

I chuckled at her annoyance in me.

 "I thought she was sleep." 

Miss C smacked her teeth. "Ruby may be drunk, but her ass is always watching." 

 "Wait, wait, wait!" Star said clapping her hands laughing. "You and Derek fucked?" 

"Star, ima get you some soap." Miss C said sternly pointing her finger. 

"Listen Alex, I'm not your mother, but I do care about you. Be careful."

 "I know Miss C, thank you." 

"Well alright, I'm goin' to the church, Simone you're coming with me, you got school in the morning."

 "Miss Carlotta, you already went to church today." Star said. 

"It's Sunday, Star, there's two services."

"Simone you don't have to go if you don't want to."

 "No, I like church Star."

 "There's something wrong wit' you Simone." Simone stood up and kicked the chair.

 "There ain't nothing wrong with me." She threw her empty cup at Star.

 "Simone! Y'all quit it! Let's go. I'll be back later."
__________________________________

AN: Miss Ruby can't hold water. 😆 She done went and told Carlotta ALL of Alex and Derek's business. I wonder if Alex will get back into the groove of music, since she's helping Star & Simone.⭐️

Next part loadin!🔥🔥🔥🔥🤟🏼❤️‍🔥

COMMENT&VOTE❤️‍🔥🤟🏼💋