60.

———————————————
🦋COMMENT + VOTE🦋
———————————————

The rally...Justice for Danielle

We performed and Star was nowhere to be found. I was pissed that she proved me right, but I wasn't gonna let that stop us from doing this for Derek and Danielle's  family. We had to improvise and use this little Spanish girl that Jahil said was his niece, Eva. She actually wasn't that bad, gave us the Latina flava' we needed.

We were all standing together outside waiting as we watched the chief of police make a statement from my phone.

"Regardless of what you may feel about the information you're about to hear, you are expected to conduct yourselves in a civil manner and to observe the 10pm curfew. After a thorough review of the traffic stop incident involving Danielle Jackson, there are no charges at this time. Officer Dugan is suspended on paid leave."

As soon as he said that, the entire crowed erupted in anger.

"He got off?" Simone asked in tears.

"What did you expect? Let's get the hell outta here." Miss C replied.

Derek went to the podium in attempt to calm everyone down. I looked to my right and I could've sworn I saw Kristen and Cassandra. I turned away and looked again, but they were gone.

"No, that wasn't them. Alex you're just paranoid." I said to myself.

"Hey hey hey hey! How many more people have to die before the police are held responsible?" Derek asked the crowd.

"No more!" Everyone shouted.

He repeated the question and we all gave the same answer again.

"Say this with me. No justice, no peace! No crooked police!" Derek chanted.

 No justice, no peace! No crooked police!" Derek chanted

We all joined him, chanting in unity the same thing. As I looked around, I saw people pull policemen out of their cars, beating them to the ground with baseball bats and kicking them. I had my eyes on Derek the whole time and I seen him run toward the chaos.

 I had my eyes on Derek the whole time and I seen him run toward the chaos