40.

🩷COMMENT + VOTE🩷

DEREK

"Babyyyyy!" No response. I checked every room, but Alex was nowhere to be found. I knew she'd be checking the ring camera, so I disconnected it. With the coast clear, I called up Simone, Star, and Texas.

"Hey, thanks a lot for including me in Choo Choo's surprise party!" Texas said.

"No problem, it was Star's idea. You're the one who knows her best, and she's crazy about you, so it made sense."

"Derek, my bad again for clocking you on Christmas Day."

"Don't sweat it. I know how much you and Alex mean to each other," I replied.

My phone started ringing, showing I had a FaceTime call from Alex.

"Damn, y'all better be hella quiet. It's Alex!"

FaceTime

Me: "Wassup baby?"
Wifey💍: "Derek, are you home?"
Me: "Yeah." I said showing her through FaceTime
Wifey💍: "Do me a favor and check if the ring camera disconnected? I was about to check the camera and it said no activity for the last couple of hours."
Me: "Yeah, gimme a sec."

I sat the phone face down on the counter and muted it so I could quickly get everyone out. I also had to pay the receptionist to keep her big ass mouth closed, but I'd do anything to keep this a surprise for Alex.

"Y'all gotta go, she's calling about the camera being off. I'll keep in touch." I quickly got them out when I heard Alex yell my name in annoyance.

Wifey💍: "Derek!"

I picked the phone back up continuing our FaceTime call.

Me: "I'm sorry, I was checkin' to see if the camera was off. It was definitely disconnected, but I don't know what happened.

Wifey💍: "Shit, Derek, now I can't see the previous footage.

Me: "It's all good, I was here. What time you comin' home?"

Wifey💍: "I'll be there soon, I stopped to grab some food. I love you."

Me: "I love you too."

*Ends FaceTime*

ALEXANDRA

I don't know what it is, but something seemed off with Derek. I shook it off and stopped to meet with one of my clients.

"Ohhh Alexandra! How are you?!" My client excitedly yelled embracing me in a hug.

I couldn't help but chuckle as I returned the affection. "I'm doing great. It's wonderful to see you again, Mrs. Marzelli."

"Wow, Alexandra, you've grown so much since the last time I saw you!" Mrs. Marzelli remarked, referring to my baby bump.

"Well, the last time you saw me, I was just a 14-year-old girl," I replied, sharing a laugh with her.

However, my attention was drawn to the handsome man standing beside her.

"And who might this be?" I asked, expressing my curiosity.

"Oh, Alexandra, you must remember my son—" Mrs. Marzelli began.