9.

🔥COMMENT + VOTE🔥

Star and I went to a nearby outside eatery to hang out, eat and catch some fresh air

"Sooo, you and Mr. Lightskins Matter?" She sat down in the chair across from me.

"Yes, Star and I don't wanna talk about why I stopped talking to him."

"I don't care about that, did his dick matter?"

"Star SHUTUP!" I said laughing and fanning her.

"Alex, I'm glad that happened because I know y'all like each other."

He asked about you the other day you know.

"You saw Derek?"

"Yeah. I was on my way to meet Cott and I ran into him. He looked like he was just gettin' home from work."

Flashback (Star's POV)
7:30p
I was walking outside to catch my ride to meet Cotton at her job when I heard someone shout my name.

"Yo! Star, can I talk to you for a minute?"

"I actually don't have a minute, but I have a couple of seconds, what's up?"

"First of all, where you headed?"

"Nunya! Hurry up, my Uber is almost here."

"I've been texting and calling Alexandra, but I haven't heard back. Can you talk to her for me?"

"Derek, I ain't gettin' in this. Alexandra is stubborn, she'll come around, just give her time."

"Can you at least tell me if she's ok?"

"Derek, why are you so concerned about Alexandra? Have y'all been talking?"

"No, that's the issue. I took my shot, but I guess I missed."

"Damn, well, most days she's just working around the salon, writing in her notebook, listening to music, you know typical Alex. She's in the house now if you wanna go in."

"Nah, I'm good, I'll give her the space she needs."

"A'ight, my rides here. Good luck."

Flash back over...

"He says you been ignoring him."

"Star there's so much you don't understand."

"I don't need to be the one to understand. You need to talk to Derek, he just wants to make sure you're ok."

"Just stay out of it Star."

"I've been out of it, but you're my sister and believe it or not, I care about your feelings. Don't push Derek away."

"Alright, Star, can we not talk about it anymore."