49.

It's been a week since Derek and I brought Destiny home from the hospital

It's been a week since Derek and I brought Destiny home from the hospital. My mom and Tia, my assistant, made sure everything was ready for us when we got home. I was slowly working on the nursery because I didn't expect to give birth for another 2 weeks. However, when we arrived, everything was complete, and I was beyond surprised and happy.

Destiny's nursery 

Derek had to head back to work, so it was just me and Destiny

Derek had to head back to work, so it was just me and Destiny. Texas was flying in later tonight to see us, and I couldn't be happier. I haven't seen her since my party. She finally moved to Atlanta, and she's loving it so far. Derek and I kept our decision to move back to Atlanta when Destiny turned 2 months old, but the way I was missing my family, I was ready to move today.

While the baby was sleeping, I figured I might as well get some work done. I mean, technically, I'm on maternity leave, but let's be real, I'm still the top interior designer in demand, so work never really takes a break.

I set up my MacBook so that I could touch base with Tia.

"Thank goodness I'm able to work from home."

"Hey boss lady! Now you know you ain't supposed to be working for at least 6 weeks!"

"Ms. Tia, I know, but I can't help it! I need to check in," I replied, half-complaining.

"What would Patricia say if she knew you were checking in on work, instead of resting and adapting to motherhood?"

Patricia was the CEO of the firm I work at, and she was ALL about family.

"She'd kill me if she knew I was working. Thank God that you and her are overseeing this project while I'm out! Ms. Tia, when I tell you I had no idea that my baby was gonna come 2 weeks early."

"That's how it happens sometimes; she came when she was damn good and ready. She's the prettiest baby. You and Derek did your thing with her."

"Uhhh, thanks?" I replied, laughing.

"I didn't even get to celebrate Derek's birthday with him or Father's Day! I still feel so bad."

"I'm sure Derek is fine, as long as he got his two girls."