1.

I stood in the doorway of my fathers in home studio aggravated to the max of putting up with him and his negativity

"Dad, you just don't understand!"

"What is there to understand Alexandra? You wanted to sing, fail. Then you wanted to be a dancer, tremendous fail and now you resort to being some interior designer? My gosh, you're a pathetic talentless brat."

He said laughing at me. I wanted to cry, but I was not going to let him see me break down again.

"Dad, you know why I wasn't successful in music, it's because YOU blackballed me. You told your friends in the industry not to listen to my music because it was trash and you knew damn well it wasn't."

He put his hands up as if he was done with the conversation. "Look, Alex, I'm done with this. I'm not paying for you to go to some interior design school. Just face it, you're a failure and you'll never have anything without me. The answer is no, I'm not giving you access to your trust fund."

I felt the tears sting my eyes, but I wouldn't let them fall. I left the room and bumped into my mother.

"Get outta my way!" I said pushing her. She turned quickly and yelled at me with her British accent.

"Alexandra Crane! You get back here this instant!"

I slowly turned around. "Mom, I don't want to talk to you either because all you'll do is side with him! It happens every time. You don't make any decisions for yourself! I'm 19 and I've been taking care of you since I was 6! You've never been a mother to me."

I didn't mean for it to come out like that, but I was pissed. I went into my bedroom and got a FaceTime  call from my friend, Star, who I met on Instagram. Star was a bitch, but I loved how she stood up to any and everyone and most importantly, she had my back.

 Star was a bitch, but I loved how she stood up to any and everyone and most importantly, she had my back

(AN: I tried w/the FaceTime y'all😩)

Star: "What's uppppp! Boujie bitch?"

Me: I rolled my eyes at that comment. "Hey Star. Listen, are you still going to Atlanta?

Star: "Hell yeah! I just have to pick up my little sister, Simone and we out!"

Me: "As in tonight?"

Star: "That's my plan. What's up? Does the boujie princess wanna tag along with the "ghetto Barbie" ? your words!"

Me: "Listen ghetto Barbie, come pick me up from New York. I'm coming."

Star: "I can be there by morning."

Me: I'll be ready, blondie. I'll send you the address. See you then." (End FaceTime)

My mother came into my room and I rolled my eyes.

"Mom, you can't just barge into my room."

She sat on my white Victorian style chaise lounge to talk.

"Alexandra, I know I haven't been the best mother to you, but I love you. Contrary to what you may think, I do believe in you. I've tried to reason with your father about your music career that you wanted, but I guess my voice wasn't big enough."

"Mom, get to the point."

"I'm giving you $75,000 for you to go to interior design school. The money will be transferred when you enroll, I know I can't make up for the past, but I believe in you, Alexandra."

I stood up, took a deep breath and told my mom my plans.

"I guess now is the time to tell you that I'm leaving for Atlanta with my friend Star and her sister Simone."

My mom had a look of concern on her face and didn't hesitate to tell me how she felt.

"Alexandra, you don't even know this girl, she looks like trash."

"Well, I live with trash, so I'm use to it." A tear fell from my mothers eye.

"Mom, I'm sorry."

"No, don't be, I guess I deserved that." She said as she wiped her tears carefully to not ruin her makeup.

"Where will you be staying? I can put you in a nice condo. Lord knows where that girl will take you."

"I'll be fine and for the love of god, don't say anything to dad. I will tell him when I'm ready, understood."

She nodded her head in agreement. "Understood." She stood up and hugged me.

"I love you Alexandra."

11:30 p.m.

I quickly packed as much as I could and attempted to sneak out when my father caught me.

"Where do you think you're going?"

"I'm leaving. Since I can't be great here, I'll be great somewhere else."

He turned around walking towards the kitchen, laughing while stuffing grapes in his mouth.

"You don't care that I'm leaving?"

"Nope! And as a temporary parting gift, I won't even cancel your credit cards."

I folded my arms confused. "Temporary?"

"Because when you fall on your knees crawling back, daddy will be standing here with open arms."

I gently grabbed my suitcase, turned to him and said, "No, daddy, I'm gonna be better than you and I'll never need you again."

I looked up at my mom standing over the balcony and she gave me a slight smile and an assuring wink. I walked out of our luxurious penthouse and vowed that I'd prove Roland Crane wrong.

——————————————————————————————————
AN: Comment & Vote🤩 Chapter 2 will be posted soon! ❤️‍🔥💋 #Dalex 💖