61.

———————————————
🦋COMMENT + VOTE🦋
———————————————

Spending the night in jail, I missed my daughter. It was hard to believe that this had happened to me – these cops seemed to have no valid reason to treat me this way or make an arrest.

"Alexandra!"

"Mom?"

"Look at your face. Who did this to you? Who did this to her?!" She yelled.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I posted bail; Moses called me. You could've called me first."

I glared at him, utterly aggravated.

"I'm sorry, Alex," Moses said.

"So much for attorney/client privilege," I replied, annoyed.

"Not when I'm footing the bill," my mom said, still examining my face.

"I'll go get your release papers," Moses said, walking away.

"What happened? Alexandra, I wanna know everything."

"I'm fine, Mom. All I'm worried about right now is Derek."

"I knew that boy was behind this. We're going home now!"

"Alex?!" Miss C called out; I didn't even know she was here.

"I trusted her in your care, Carol," my mom said to Miss C.

"My name is Carlotta. I told you this would happen," she said, moving my hair to examine my face.

"Get off her! You've done enough!"

"Derek's getting arraigned. I'll be at the courthouse," Miss C said, walking away.

"Okay, I'm going with you.

"Alexandra, you will not be going with her! We're going to go get your baby and go back home to New York."

"I'll talk to you later," I left.

On the way to the courthouse, concern filled me for my daughter.

"Miss C, how's my baby? Where is she?" I asked worried.

"She's okay; she's at home with Bruce, and Destiny knew you were missing. She was havin' a fit."

"Maybe I should go get her, and I'm sorry about my mom."

"It's okay, no need to apologize. Bruce will be okay with keeping the baby for a few more hours."

***

At the courthouse, I saw Derek come out and we locked eyes. By the look on his face, I know he saw the bruise on my head from when the dirty police officer banged me up.

I just wanted to hug him and let him know that everything would be ok, but when the verdict was read, my heart broke for him.

"We find the defendant, Derek Jones, guilty."

The whole place erupted, and I just cried in Miss C's arms. His bail was a hefty 250K, and honestly, I had no clue how I'd scrape that together. Going back home, I was just so damn sad. But I had to pull myself together; I didn't want my little one seeing me like that. Even though she's just a baby, they can pick up on when something's not right.

***

Gods blessings Salon

I hugged my baby tight. "My sweet angel face! Mommy is so sorry, I'm so so sorry. I love you so much," I said, showering her with kisses. "Thanks for keeping her, Bruce."

"You welcome. I heard about Derek."

"I still can't believe it. $250K, and he's innocent."

"Yeah that sounds about right."

"Where the hell am I gonna get that money? I used it to move back here and I didn't  tell Derek this, but I put a down payment on a condo, I wanted to surprise him."

"You know, for you to be so educated, you sho' is stupid."

I looked at her like she was crazy.

"Ten percent, dumb ass. Ten percent goes to the bail bondsman."

***

Star came up with the idea to throw a benefit concert to raise money for Derek's bail, we only needed $25K and we raised a little over $14K. I was grateful, but I needed to get the rest and I knew how to do it.

———————————————
🦋COMMENT + VOTE🦋
———————————————