52.

———————————————
🦋COMMENT + VOTE🦋
———————————————

After my checkup, I opted to visit Victoria's Secret to pick out some new lingerie for Derek. While perusing the selections, I spotted Cassandra. Initially thinking of greeting her, I held back when I saw she was engrossed in a phone call. Though not one to typically pry, curiosity got the better of me.

Casually, I positioned myself nearby, discreetly trying to eavesdrop without catching her attention.

"I'm telling you, let me handle this. I said from the beginning that they'll never suspect a thing."

Intrigued, I continued to listen.

"Family always comes first; we stick together. Nobody messes with us and gets away with it. Listen, booger, I've got to head back to work. Keep your head up. I love you."

As she ended the call, I swiftly made my way towards the register. The cashier bagged my items, and just as I was about to leave, Cassandra spotted me.

"Alexandra?"

I rolled my eyes before turning around to greet her.

"Hey!" I exclaimed with a forced smile.

"How are you?! Girl, your snapback is REAL! Baby, where?"

I chuckled. "Thank you."

"How's baby girl doing?"

"She's amazing and so cute! She looks just like her dad."

"Do you have any pictures?"

"No, we decided to keep her identity safe."

"Oh, I completely understand. Well, I've gotta jet; lunch is almost over, and I don't want Chuck or Derek getting on me. Ciao!"

"Weirdo," I muttered as I walked away.

*Incoming Facetime*

Suga: "Hey Daddy."

"Wassup sexy? You good?"

Suga: "Y-yeah, I'm good. You ready for our date tonight?

"Of course. I can't wait to-." I cut off by Cassandra.

"Hey Derek, just letting you know I'm back."

She saw I was on the phone and excused herself.

Suga: "Who was that?"

"Cassandra."

Suga: "Babe, I don't trust her."

"Why?"

Suga: "We'll talk about it later."

"Ok, how's my baby?"