44.

💎COMMENT + VOTE💎
———————————————

"What are you doing here?"  I asked with a serious tone

"What are you doing here?" I asked with a serious tone.

"I'm sorry, we were invited." She looked between Derek and myself.

"We?" I asked confused, but before she could answer, Texas chimed in.

"Who are you?" Texas asked instantly catching an attitude.

"She's my assistant." Derek defended.

"Derek, who asked you?" Star said.

I palmed my head and tried to speak, but couldn't get a word in.

"Alex, who is this bitch?"

"Bitch?? Who you callin' a bitch? Bitch?!" Cassandra asked bucking at Star.

Luckily the music was loud enough to drown out the little commotion that was brewing.

"Ahemn, is there a problem?" A husky voice said.

"No, babe, I'm good." Cassandra said kissing who I assumed was her husband.

"Lance?" I asked surprisingly shocked.

"Happy birthday, Alexandra." Lance replied giving me a kiss on the cheek.

"This is your husband?" I asked

"Yes, Lance and I have been married for 5 years. What's going on here? Y'all know each other?" Cassandra asked looking between Lance  and I.

"Yeah, Alexandra. Answer the question." Derek said folding his arms.

"Oh shit." Texas said.

"Yes, we know each other! We basically grew up together. Our families were close at one point, but somewhere down the line, we lost touch."

"Wait, are you the interior designer for the law firm?"

"Yep, that would be me."

I avoided eye contact with Derek because I hadn't told him about that yet.

"He told me Alexandra was doing it, but it didn't dawn on me that it was you! The designs are impressive, I love them."

"I'm glad y'all love it." I noticed the uncomfortable gaze that Lance was giving me again and just ignored it again. Derek must've noticed because he held me by waist and kissed me.

"Aww. The perfect couple." Simone said.

"What was that for?" I asked still holding him.

"Just because I love you."

"I love you too baby." I wrapped my arms around his neck. "And only you." We shared another deep kiss.

"Happy birthday again, Alexandra." Cassandra said as her and Lance walked away.