50.

🦋COMMENT + VOTE🦋
———————————————

1 month later...

Derek stayed home with Destiny so I could go get Texas from the airport. I think she was scarred from not flying private when we went to Atlanta for Christmas, so it's been private jets ever since.

I arrived and got out to help her put her bags in the car and she hollered, "CHOOOOO!!! OH MY GOD!!! I'VE MISSED YOU!" She said hugging me tight.

I chuckled as I hugged her back because Texas was always so dramatic. "I've missed you too."

She took a step back to observe me. "Choo Choo, you look the fuck GOODT! You don't even look like you had a baby a month ago!"

"Ugh, thanks but it certainly still feels like I had one. Look, let's get outta here. You hungry?" I said as we hopped in the car.

"Bitch, you know I'm always hungry. You cooked?"

"Hell no, Derek said he might cook, he was tired. If not, I'll order out."

———————————————

We were silently driving down the interstate to go back to my place when I decided to tell Texas about the hospital drama.

"So Uncle Ro brought that nigga to the hospital around you?!"

"Yup," I nod.

"And your baby?!"

"Yesssss!"

"Damn! What did Derek say?"

"He was pissed, but remained calm. I was so happy because Derek has a temper."

"Tuhh. Don't we all know it? So, what happened after that?"

"Roland called a couple times."

"Well that was nice he apologized."

I scoffed, "Please! When I finally answered, he called to tell me that I made a mistake by choosing Derek." I kept my eyes on the road.

I could feel Texas looking at me as I stopped at the red light.

"Choo look at me."

I looked over at her with an unsure glance

"I love my uncle, but don't listen to him. You and Derek are made for each other, that man would do anything for you, I believe he'd even kill for you."