51.

———————————————
🦋COMMENT + VOTE🦋
———————————————

It was the middle of the night and I began to feel a lot of movement in our bed

It was the middle of the night and I began to feel a lot of movement in our bed. I thought I was dreaming, I stirred my eyes only to see Alex having a nightmare. I quickly glanced at the clock and it was 12 in the morning.

"No...no...please don't! Please don't take my baby!" She screamed.

"Alex! Alexandra! Baby?" She was drenched in sweat, she looked at me with fear in her eyes, quickly jumping outta the bed, running out the room.

I immediately got out of our bed, following her when I saw Texas put her spoon back in her ice cream, meeting us halfway.

"Choo, baby what's the matter?" Texas asked meeting us in Destiny's nursery, immediately tending to Alexandra.

"I had a nightmare that he kidnapped my baby." Alex said not taking her eyes off Destiny.

"Who?" Texas asked already in defense mode.

With my arms crossed, I answered for Alexandra. "That nigga Cassius." I punched my fist into my other hand."

"Well, at least that fool's locked up,"  Texas said trying to lighten the mood some.

Alex quickly turned around. "Derek, I don't wanna wait any longer. Let's go back to Atlanta, the memories are too awful here in New York ."

"Texas you mind keeping an eye on the baby?"

"Boy of course!" Texas sat in the rocking chair as I brought Alex into the kitchen to talk.

"Alex baby, I thought you-."

"Derek I don't care, let's pack our shit up and go. I can't be here, and I want our daughter as far away from here as possible. I don't know what I was thinking when I came back here."

"Didn't you come back because we broke up?"

"Yes, I wanted to give both of us the space we needed. I should've known that this was a huge mistake, I should've...I should've stayed. I should've known that coming back to the place I originally ran away from, couldn't have worked out."

She moved close to me, hugging my waist, looking in my eyes as the tears fell from hers."

"Derek, I'm so sorry for not staying to work things out. I'm sorry for thinking that moving on with Cassius, was gonna help me forget about the times you and I shared. I'm just so sorry for everything."

I gently grabbed her cheeks between the palm of my hands and softly kissed her, in an attempt to calm her down.

"Alex, don't you ever apologize for making decisions that are best for you. Yeah, I was fucking hurt when you left...I low-key had a mental breakdown after I found out you were gone and nobody had a clue where you were."

"Oh, Derek, I ap-."

"Stop, I'm not finished. I never stopped loving you. I meant what I said when we started dating, you remember?"

She chuckled while wiping her tears, "Of course I remember. "But then I met you and no one has ever made me feel the way you do. I fell in love with you the first day I laid eyes on you. I don't care what we go through, I don't care how bad it is, even if we don't make it, I'll never ever stop loving you." She said mocking me and my deep voice.

"Alright, alright." I said laughing with her. I hugged her waist and reiterated what I had said at that point in time. "I don't care how bad it is, even if we don't make it, I'll never ever stop loving you and I mean that shit. You're the mother of my child, my wife, my sexy ass lover, my forever best friend, my partner in crime and I could go on and on."

"Derek, I love your big head ass too." We kissed, but I had more to say, so I pulled apart.

"And for the record, I don't blame you for moving away. I was a complete asshole and to be honest, I ain't realize what I had until you were gone."

With her arms still wrapped around my neck, "Well, I'm glad you came to your senses baby daddy."

"I'm here for you, I'm gonna help you get through this, we're a team, so if you wanna move back to Atlanta asap, that's what we doin.

(Picture is choppy , but whatever 💁🏽‍♀️)

"You ready to hit the sack?" I asked.

"Yes, but I want the baby to sleep in our room tonight."

"Ain't even a question; she can sleep in the bedside thingy your mom got her."

"Ok."

Texas was sitting in the rocking chair holding Destiny as they both slept.

"Texas, wake up." Alex said gently shaking her.

"Here's your sweet princess, she's such a good baby. Ya'll I'm going back to bed, night!"

Alex nursed, burped and gently placed her bassinet next to her.

After I went to the bathroom, I climbed back in bed holding Alex close, pecking her neck multiple times. "Mmmm...I can't wait to slide up in you again."

She turned over to face me. "I can't wait either." She said kissing me.

———————————————
🦋COMMENT + VOTE🦋
———————————————