4.

Derek's POV

I couldn't keep my mind off of Star's friend

I couldn't keep my mind off of Star's friend. It's crazy how I'm feelin' this girl and don't even know her name. Star is bold as hell for giving out her number with no permission. Ima go on and text her 'cause ain't nobody finna' call me a pussy. "I'ma save her number as "Suga" since I don't know her name yet."

Me: " Hey it's Derek. I met you at Miss Carlotta's church, you know the activist. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I think you're beautiful. I wish I knew your name, but I'm a patient guy. I hope that you're sleeping peacefully."

The next morning...

I woke up and the first thing I did was check my phone, still no response from Suga. Maybe she's still sleeping I thought. I brushed my teeth, showered, got dressed and headed to work.

Alex POV

"Rise and shine!"

Miss C wasn't playing when she said we had to be up bright and early, I mean it was only 7am. Of course Star wasn't having it.

"Oh unh uh! I ain't getting up this early Miss Carlotta."

Next thing I knew, Miss C came back with a pot of cold water and threw it on Star, while still in the bed. I busted out laughing in disbelief, thank goodness I was already up getting ready.

"Miss Carlotta!" Star yelled out in frustration.

"I told y'all, if y'all wanna stay with me, I'm putting y'all asses to work."

Miss Carlotta, what salon opens this damn early?" Star whined.

"Mine. Now hurry up, get dressed and meet me downstairs."

I wore my cute oversized sweater with my white pants and black stilettos.

Me and Star came downstairs and Miss Bruce, Cotton, Simone and Danielle were already working

Me and Star came downstairs and Miss Bruce, Cotton, Simone and Danielle were already working. Miss Bruce looked me up and down.

"Damn you even come to work lookin' boujie."