Chapter 107: World Six

Both of them wanted to help each other and take on more tasks, so when they saw each other working hard, they gritted their teeth and swung the hoe even harder. Seeing their partner putting in more effort, each of them went all out.

In this way, Mu Bai and Sheng Qingyin, without effective communication, began to engage in a feedback loop. The originally serious two-hour task was forcefully completed within an hour and a half.

Not only were the live-stream viewers astonished, but the director, who was resting in his chair, was also dumbfounded. According to his plan, the two female guests should be working for a while and resting for a while, finishing around eleven o'clock.

However, Mu Bai and Sheng Qingyin, as if they had consumed a potent spinach, huffed and puffed, completing their tasks and leaving by almost nine o'clock.

"Director, the two teachers have already completed their tasks with the villagers. Should we rearrange something?" a staff member hurried over and asked.

The director got up from the lounge chair, flipped through his planning document, and said, "No need. Since the tasks are completed, let's arrange some free activities. As for rewards, give them each five points and allow them to earn additional points in the afternoon team competition!"

After saying this, the director stared at the schedule for the next few days, unable to resist contemplating. Since there's "Task King" in the team, why not increase the difficulty for everyone?

Mu Bai and Sheng Qingyin had no idea about the impact of their actions. Upon hearing the staff's response, they were quite satisfied with the director's decision to award extra points.

"Since it's free activities, can I apply to use the bathroom in the villa to take a shower?" Sheng Qingyin asked. For the sake of her dignity, she was covered in sweat.

The staff quickly replied, "Certainly, as long as both teachers have the consent of the villa's owner."

The idea of borrowing the bathroom was obvious – the two people would certainly agree. The director intentionally sent them on this little task just to keep them occupied and generate more buzz.

Both understood this, so they wasted no time. Following the villager's guidance, they quickly found Qin Chi and Tao Yu, who were responsible for weeding.

When they approached, they saw Tao Yu working on the backpack-mounted spray equipment, looking anxious. "Teacher Qin, my sprayer isn't working. Did I break the equipment?"

"It probably isn't broken. Let me take a look." Qin Chi, standing not far away on the ridge, wore a straw hat and rubber gloves, manually weeding.

It seemed that the weeding task for the two of them wasn't that easy, just slightly simpler than the plowing task.

"Do you need help?" Mu Bai walked over and said, "I think I used something like this when I was a child."

"Sister Mu, Teacher Sheng, why are you here?" Tao Yu looked surprised, watching the two.

Sheng Qingyin fanned herself with a straw hat, getting straight to the point, "We've finished our plowing task and would like to borrow your villa's bathroom for a quick shower."

"Of course, the door shouldn't be locked. Sister Mu and Teacher Sheng can use my room." Tao Yu agreed without hesitation.

"My room isn't locked either. There's a bathtub in the bathroom where you can take a bath." Qin Chi added, his gaze falling on Mu Bai. "Little Yu, this spray equipment, do you know how to adjust it?"

"I'll give it a try." Mu Bai crouched down, starting to inspect the not-so-complicated device.

Mu Bai nodded, showing great cooperation, "Indeed, Teacher Qin can be my master. Later, I'll find some time to seek advice on acting from Teacher Qin."

Sheng Qingyin felt that Mu Bai's response was a bit strange, so she touched her short hair and added, "If Tao Yu's acting is up to par, she can play your younger sister."

"What about the male lead in the movie? Is Teacher Sheng planning to invite Teacher Ji to play the role?" Mu Bai asked proactively.

Sheng Qingyin instinctively nodded. Initially, she aimed for Ji Lin's luck, but midway, she noticed Qin Chi's luck was also good. Thus, she invited a few more people.

"That's good." Mu Bai shifted her gaze away, saying, "Teacher Sheng, let's walk a bit faster. The wind is making me a bit cold."

Sheng Qingyin caught up with Mu Bai, and her intuition told her that she might have said something wrong just now. But upon careful reflection, what she said didn't seem to be incorrect. She stated what needed to be said and explained when necessary.

【Strange, I always feel there's something off between Mu Bai and Director Sheng. Did something happen before the live broadcast?】

【What's strange? Clearly, Mu Bai is just throwing a tantrum, thinking that Director Sheng invited so many people to participate in the movie, and it's affecting her dignity. Besides, what's Qin Chi's status? If she participates, it will surely add to Mu Bai's glory, regardless of her role.】

【Don't talk nonsense! Our Mu Mu is not that petty. She'll be happy to collaborate with Teacher Qin.】

【Come on, anyone with eyes can see that Mu Bai hasn't been happy since Director Sheng invited Qin Chi. She's worried about face. And what's Qin Chi's status? If she joins, there'll definitely be plenty of scenes for her, no matter how many she has.】

Amidst the small interactions between the four, the viewers of Mu Bai and Sheng Qingyin's live broadcast started arguing again. The number of viewers quickly doubled from ten thousand to twenty thousand.

At the same time, 045, responsible for network monitoring, promptly informed Mu Bai about the relevant situation.

Mu Bai couldn't help but reflect a bit. She thought she had been quite restrained, at least Sheng Qingyin didn't notice. Unexpectedly, the viewers had such keen eyes, piercing through her disguise. It seems she was too careless.

"Don't worry about it. Let them misunderstand." Mu Bai said as she turned on the showerhead, letting the water drip down on her body. She added, "If anyone mocks Qingyin, just report and block them directly, a one-stop service."

Still, the same rule applied: criticizing her was fine, but insulting her future wife was not acceptable.

---

After showering, Mu Bai and Sheng Qingyin came out of the bathroom one after another, both with a mist of water around them.

Sheng Qingyin's gaze fell on Mu Bai. Seeing the water still dripping from her hair, she proactively asked, "Did you bring a hairdryer? Do you want to use mine?"

"I seem to have forgotten it," Mu Bai showed a slightly regretful expression. "Teacher Sheng, don't you blow-dry your hair?"

"No need, a quick towel dry is enough for me," Sheng Qingyin replied. With her short hair, a quick towel dry or air-drying worked just fine.

"Thank you, Teacher Sheng." Mu Bai politely thanked her, took the hairdryer from Sheng Qingyin, found a socket in the corner, and quickly turned it on to dry her hair.

The buzzing sound of the hairdryer was a bit noisy. Sheng Qingyin hung the dry towel around her neck, her gaze irresistibly shifting toward Mu Bai.

Being a director, Sheng Qingyin could notice issues that live viewers could pick up on. It just took her a bit longer to realize her own inappropriate behavior, repeating her thoughts twice during the shower.

"Ahem, Mu Bai, drying your hair like this may be inconvenient. Do you want me to help you?" Sheng Qingyin proactively offered. Mu Bai was her teammate for the next few days, and she needed to get along well with her.

【Author's Note】

Rubbing hands Wishing you all a Happy Mid-Autumn Festival!