Chapter 22: World One

With her mother's approval, Sheng Qingyin's mood reached its peak. After feeding the peeled shrimp to Mu Bai, she happily started eating.

After a satisfying meal, it was time to relax. However, when Sheng Qingyin opened the window, she was hit in the face by the cold wind outside, prompting her to promptly close the window.

"Is the interior design based on the previous owner's work?" Sheng Qingyin asked. Unable to go outside, she decided to focus on the interior.

Mu Bai nodded. "Most of it hasn't been altered much, except for the master bedroom, bathroom, and study on the third floor. They were renovated. Due to time constraints, the rest of the place was simply cleaned and given a light update."

Sheng Qingyin nodded and helped put the dishes and cutlery from the dishwasher into the sterilizer. "Can you show me around our new home?"

Mu Bai smiled and nodded, leading Sheng Qingyin out of the kitchen. "After the Chinese New Year, I'll make some significant changes. We can redesign it together to suit our shared life."

"Great, we should have a large walk-in closet. Our heights are quite similar, and we can share some clothes," Sheng Qingyin said, allowing Mu Bai to lead her.

The villa's decor leaned towards elegance, with reproductions of famous paintings and calligraphy on almost every wall, a testament to the previous owner's appreciation for art.

"These are all left by the previous owner. In the future, we can replace them with our own photos," Mu Bai said as she began to introduce the structure of the villa.

The first floor consisted of functional rooms such as the living room, kitchen, dining room, bathroom, and storage room.

The second floor had a very large living room, suitable for hosting parties and gatherings with friends. It also featured three guest rooms, which could accommodate friends staying over.

The third floor was a more private area. A separate entrance was added at the entrance to avoid accidental intrusion. This floor was reserved for the owners and inaccessible to guests.

"There's a small surveillance camera here that can capture the entrance and staircase," Mu Bai stood at the door and pointed to the camera. "I replaced it with a new one. If you don't like it, I can remove it later."

"No need to remove it. It's just for recording the comings and goings on the third floor. Let it be," Sheng Qingyin replied, examining it carefully.

Mu Bai said, "Later, I'll send you the account and password for this one. It's connected to the surveillance outside the villa as well."

Sheng Qingyin nodded and, after touring the third floor, continued to the fourth floor. Strictly speaking, the fourth floor was only half a floor, with a ceiling height of just two meters. The structure was relatively simple, with one half being an immersive home theater and the other half an open glass balcony.

"Was this theater here from the beginning?" Sheng Qingyin asked curiously, pulling up the heavy curtains and dimming the room.

"It was an unused space before, and I added the equipment. You mentioned that you liked the atmosphere of a home theater," Mu Bai said, and she casually turned on the lights. "How do you like it?"

The lights here were installed on the floor. After the switches were turned on, soft orange lighting quickly filled the entire theater.

"It's really nice. I want to watch a movie now," Sheng Qingyin tugged at Mu Bai and pulled her to lie down on the oversized reclining sofa.

"What would you like to watch?" Mu Bai pulled out the remote and turned on the embedded large screen that occupied half of the wall.

"Let's watch something light-hearted," Sheng Qingyin suggested. As the surrounding lights dimmed, her sense of touch became more sensitive.